Heavy/Scratch: Perfect Effect/Classics Squalktalk + Beastbox (Squalkbox)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by solarstorm, Aug 14, 2011.

1. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Classics Squawktalk + Beastbox (Squawkbox)

This is Beastbox and Squalktalk in Perfect Effect-like forms. This is my second finished custom and my first time drybrushing.

Beastbox is from Power Core Combiner Backwind. There is a magnet on the back used for mounting his cannons and the combiner head. The cannons are from Cyberverse Ironhide.

Unfortunately, the mold has a poor gun mode. Little can change that :( 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Squalktalk is made from PCC Minicon Chopster with multiple pieces from Cybertron Laserbeak. It turns into an axe for weapon mode.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The two combine into Squalkbox. The lego piece that served as the mount for Beastbox's cannons in beast mode is used to connect the two bots. The head is from a G1 Rumble KO.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. kara82

kara82 Leading Femmebot Fatale

those r pretty cool.

3. 'purple-bot'

'purple-bot' Well-Known Member

Love it, i like how people are using PCC minicons for stuff now, loving the gorilla and eagle modes, weapons are awesome, and combined they rock

great paint apps, the g1 colours mix well with your drybrushing

4. solarstorm

Thanks. This was my first time using primer and the first time drybrushing. The sealer I'm using doesn't seem to photograph well. They look a lot better in person.

The PCC Minicons are one of the best things to come in a long time, IMO. Lots of great little target/melee weapon-masters. I just need to figure out what mini-figures could be used/modded for Overkill/Slugfest to allow for a weapon and beast mode.

5. Drekar

Drekar Well-Known Member

Very original, I still have squaktalk and beastbox along wit raindance and grandslam from me childhood and they remain still some of me favourite transformers. Paint job looks great too man, awesome job

6. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot

For the most part, I like what you've done here. The only thing I don't like is in combined mode he has a little, um, a little... pecker? LOL. Would be worse if the axe handle was folded up. ROFLMAO

7. solarstorm

I didn't have much of a choice with the molds I chose. But on the bright side, the G1 figure could have the bird head out in the same way :D