Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters Movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Rusty24, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Nathan Fillion Joins Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters as Hermes - MovieWeb.com

It's just been announced that Nathan Fillion will play Hermes in the sequel to Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. After being disappointed by the first one, I wasn't excited to see this sequel. However Nathan Fillion is one of my favorite actors and I am a huge fan of the book series. They need to somehow work in some of the most important things they left out in the first one to help the overall story. If this one fails they need to reboot it and have the movies follow the books closer. I didn't hate the first film, I thought it was highly entertaining standalone movie, but it was a poor adaptation.

2. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah they definatley have to write in the oracle, and her prophecy. Also, I hated how most of the humor of the books was lost from the movie (how modern styles affected these ancient legends)

3. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Huh. I adore the books. And thought the movie was fun as far as movies go, but disappointing as an adaption. Hopefully they'll get their shiz together. Only the cast will probably look even older now since they've taken so long to get the sequel off the ground. Nathan as Hermes? sold.

4. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    And would it kill them to dye Annabeths hair blond?

5. Rusty24

This.

6. musicmanea

musicmanea Life's a Bitch

i liked the movie, i was really dissapointed when they didnt have Clarissa or the bathroom scene, or how like Percy learns who his dad is. i really hated how they just flat out told him...hopefully the sequal is closer to the books' plot, that would be nice

7. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This series should have had Hunger Games hype and buzz behind it, but fell terribly short of my expectations! The Percy Jackson series was ther heir apparent to Harry Potter. But they should have gone for a younger cast. Remember the 80's when kid actors could really act and carry a movie ie Goonies and Stand by Me! Sigh.

8. Rusty24

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters Adds Leven Rambin - MovieWeb.com

Speaking of The Hunger Games, Leven Rambin has been cast to play Clarisse. I haven't seen The Hunger Games yet and I don't know if she is any good in it or who she plays, but I hope she does this role justice. Clarisse should've been in the first movie and it's good that she's actually going to be in this one.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Never saw the original but Nathan Fillion as Hermes. That i gotta see.

10. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    The original one was shit. I hope they make this one better.

11. megapork

megapork Cheese

Yeah the first one was a pile of centaur shit. Hope they clean up their act but history has shown some film series rarely get their shit together.

12. Rusty24

Alexandra Daddario went blonde for the role « Percy Jackson Singapore

It seems that the next film is going to be a much more faithful adaptation of the book while still being in the same continuity as the first film. As proof of this, Alexandra Daddario has dyed her hair blonde for this movie. So we finally have a blonde Annabeth! The fact that this detail has been added to the movie gives me slightly more hope that they can make this work.

While the actors in the movies now are good, I still think they should have gotten younger actors to play the roles. They will never be able to finish the series if they wait three years to make each sequel at this point. If they did finish the series with the current cast, then some of the actors will be over thirty years old while filming The Last Olympian.

13. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

They pretty much ruined everything with the first one.

14. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Well, it's not like the actors are going to look any older as time passes. They may be thirty by the time LO rolls around, but they won't look much different. They cast the Twelve Year Old Percy Jackson role to an adult in the first place, so there you go.

Thank frigging GOD. If they didn't make her blonde, I would have just boycotted the whole thing. I know that sounds incredibly overboard, but that's just something that needed to be that way since the beginning.

15. Rusty24

First Look: Logan Lerman Back for 'Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters' | FirstShowing.net

First official images from the movie.

I think it looks pretty good so far. I see they already included what appears to be the Civil War ship. Stanley Gucci also looks good as Mr. D/Dionysus. I am still hopeful they can pull this off and that we can at least finish the first series. I'll wait to judge when we get a trailer (which I hear is coming out either next week or at the MTV Movie Awards).

16. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There are only 3 times I've ever walked out of a film and wanted a refund. The lightning theif is #2. They REALLY need to try harder with this one

17. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    The first movie was good and fun. It'll be interesting to see Nathan Fillion as Hermes.

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I know nothing about the books. I liked the Lightning Thief movie well enough. My little niece loved it so I picked her up a cheap copy of the DVD. She'll be really happy to know there's going to be another one.

19. Escargon

Escargon Meh.

News Credits:
    I hate that movie.

20. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey robots turn me on

Wait, it's actually getting a sequel? Oh no.