perceptor and wheeljack, united or hasbro?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 46+2, Feb 16, 2011.

1. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Which version looks better?

2. optimus12380

optimus12380 Well-Known Member

For Perceptor, I prefer the Hasbro RtS version...however I went United for Wheeljack, yeah the green is off but I can't stand the yellowish white plastic Hasbro uses...but from the sounds of it my choice is the rarity since most prefer the United Perceptor and the Hasbro Generations Wheeljack.

3. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like the chrom on the Hasbro Perceptor, but the paint apps on the United. As for Wheeljack - hard to tell without seeing them in hand, but from photos, I like the United better.

I'll probably get both versions of Wheeljack.

-Silvershot

4. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Why did they go with that green? Geez.

5. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I like the United versions of both. I'm sticking mostly to United for everything.

6. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

you like the green on wheeljack?

7. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm torn. I want to see better pics of wheel jack. Perceptor is like a trade off I like hasbros chrome but I like the clear glass and blue eyes from united

8. Duximus Prime

Duximus Prime Chronomancer

Ebay:
    Agreed with most of the points here. The chrome was a big selling point for me on getting Hasbro Perceptor, even though the paint apps and color shades aren't as good. Of all things, you'd think the Japanese version would have the chrome...

Wheeljack on the other hand is an easy decision, imo. The metallic paint they are using on the United figures is a turnoff to me, and really made me second guess getting United Tracks (but I needed the G1 hood emblem, and the repro labels set wasn't very faithful to this). Hasbro's Wheeljack has a much more aesthetically pleasing lime-ish green vs. the metallic forrest green on United.

9. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    Japanese TF's always makes american Tf's look cheap, United wins this one.

10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I will be getting both on Wheeljack, but the brighter white on some of the Takara products is a real selling point for me. I like some of the paint apps on the Takara Perceptor, but if (as someone else pointed out to me), it looks half shiney and half molded like WFC Soundwave, it is probably a pass for me....atleast for now. Though I do like some of the details better on the Takara version.

11. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    While I feel the United ones look better, I'll buy Hasbro due to price.

12. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

I'd get the Hasbro Perceptor, myself. Chrome is good. As is the price. And I'd be getting him as a base for Animated Perceptor anyhow. Wheeljack, I'm not interested in either version. I'm not interested in most of the CHUGU Autobots, to be honest. But I would say to go for the Hasbro version. Light can do funny things to white if the photographer isn't careful.

13. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    united for me on both

14. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Yup, I do. I would like it to be a somewhat brighter green, but it doesn't bother me.

15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Generations on both.

United Wheeljack's stripe pattern isn't as appealing to me, and making the green stripes metallic and significantly more teal just kills it completely.

For Perceptor, I like the tasteful chrome on the Generations version. I like the silver trim on the United vehicle mode, but the shiny red is just wrong for an off-road exploration vehicle, plus he seems to suffer that problem where only parts of the vehicle are painted. His entire roof is unpainted, which just looks doubly wrong.

16. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

I'm good with Hasbro Perceptor.

As for Wheeljack, that green on the United is too much. I have both versions pre-ordered, but I think I'm going to cancel my United.

17. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    Does the United Persceptor not have the chrome on the chest and knobs like the Generations version? I thought they were pretty close in bot mode, but the United alt mode had more paint aps?

18. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

i'm going united for perceptor. hasbros bot made looks good but their alt mode looks so cheap with the lack of color and detail. after seeing pics of united wheeljack yesterday i'm even more torn now. i thought it would be united for sure but that green and the general coloring looks off to me.

i'm hoping those united pics are not final but if they are then i'll probably end up getting the hasbro version if i see it in stores. of course seeing it in stores is a whole new issue.

19. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I like the chrome on the hasbro perceptor, but that is more a toy reference than a cartoon, so united it is as feel it looks better and detest the yellow windows

I'm quite disappointed in united wheeljack. The shade and placement of the green really pale in comparison to hasbro's. I like the detailing on the head better for united though. May have to cobble them together into a best case scenario thing

20. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Because the Hasbro versions ARE in fact cheaper than Takara's. Even if you live in Japan and buy the toys straight from the retailer, you are still paying criminally high prices for some extra paint apps which don't always manage to justify the mark ups.