Pepsi Prime Clearance?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    It's no secret that they overproduced this guy. He's in no danger of selling out. I'd like to have one, but just can't justify the money. Sure, he's probably worth it, but I just don't ever seem to have $60 extra. I usually have just enough to pay my bills and get the reissues I need that are released. I'd break down and order a Pepsi Prime or two if I could catch them on a good sale for $40 shipped or less.

Is he so plentiful that he'll be clearanced by most online retailers? Or is he gonna stay his price and eventually sell out?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I got mine for 45 dollars shipped. of course, having a buddy in japan helped a lot.

3. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've seen it for less than $50 shipped on eBay. Even then, I have a hard time justifying it.

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I honestly don't know if I'd get him for even $10 total. I'm just not that interested in it.

I think Star Convoy even went on clearance at BBTS at one point, so I'm sure Pepsi will at some point as well.

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Yeah, I got my Star Convoy from BBTS for $62 while it was on clearance. I'm sure Pepsi Prime will eventually, too...

Though you couldn't throw in MISB G1 Jetfire for free and get me to buy that soft drink-whoring abomination... I understand the desire to pay tribute to a classic incarnation of Optimus Prime but the critical word in the new version's decal design is OVERKILL.

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    how on earth could you pass on a free MISB G1 Jetfire? :lol  hell, you could at least use the Prime as a target and that would feel good :p 

Andy

7. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    It's comedic exageration to express my distaste for Pepsi Prime :tongue:  I'd buy anything off of BBTS if it came with MISB G1 Jetfire... hell, I'd probably buy anything off BBTS if it came with G2 Jetfire...

8. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I want to pick up Pepsi Prime along with Laser Prime and Magnus so if they start to go on sale I'll be very happy!

9. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I'd like a Pepsi Prime, for the sheer novelty of the thing if nothing else. But not for $60.

It's difficult for me to spend a lot for a figure that I essentially have several of already. Now for a bargain I'll buy a duplicate.

$20 to $30 tops, and even then I'd be thinking "what could I buy that I don't have yet with this $20?"

10. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    I'm kinda the same way, i want it fo rthe novelty factor, but not so bad that i'd drop more'n maybe $35 on him....

11. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I actually saw him in a comic shop in one the local malls...they wanted $89.99 for him LOL...he us ugly..not to mention the one they had, the box was all messed up. I think I would get him if he was like $30....he isnt worth much more...You are basically just buying the cab...the trailer is just a flat bed...dosnt even transform...The Prime cab alone is only worth about $10! lol....BBTS would need to have a PRetty good sale on him for me to get one LOL.

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, he's plentiful in my country too...just like Galvatron so if anyone wants to get him cheap...my advice is do so now...

13. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just got one from BBTS. My grand total was $54. I wanted one because my stepmom's mother has an old Pepsi Prime in her attic which she won't come off of because she knows it might be worth something. never been out of the box except to put stickers on it, as far as I know. I will never get it either because the two had a falling out and don't really speak now....so now I can just say, well I got a Pepsi Prime. LOL Who cares about hers....she'd never know the difference anyhow............

14. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    buy him! he wants to quench your thirst!

15. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I picked one up at dairycon for $40. I'm pretty pleased with it.

16. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I too have seen it and the Galvatron reissue for around 40 bucks on eBay a few times. If I could throw money around, I'd be fine spending 40 bucks on it. I like it myself. It's wacky.

17. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Was lucky enough to win a free Pepsi Prime , which is good since I would'nt want to pay over 40 for him either.

His price keeps dropping pretty fast, im pretty confident you'll be able to find him that low soon. Should be able to get him for 50 now.

18. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    But I'm a Coca-Cola drinker!

Where's my Coke Prime? :( 
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->