People wrong about Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Jacer, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.

News Credits:
    I also find it amazingly amusing when people who know nothing about Transformers stumble upon a sealed Micromaster team, a loose G1 Sideswipe with no accessories, broken figures and such, and try to sell them on eBay or other auction sites for crazy money. Or when they use eBay to estimate the value :lol 

One guy who lives around here somewhere in Sweden runs a blog. The dude is 21 and thinks he knows everything there is to know. He saw a MM team for $300 on eBay, so now, all of his toys are worth a minimum of $400 each, and I'm an idiot for not believing him :lol  Did I also mention he owns four toys and has been collecting for 6 months?

2. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I just let people be wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own delusions, and who am I to change that?

On the other hand,if someone ASKS for my input, they are gonna get schooled...

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Here's a good one I just encountered. RotF is being shown here on terrestrial tonight and last night a link voiceover announcer guy was plugging the movie during the end credits of another show on that channel. He said Megan Fox was the lead in RotF and that Orsen Welles voiced the original Optimus Prime in the old animations. Then he topped it off by saying 'Fact' or something to that effect.
    Really, if you're going to go claiming stupid shit then don't do it on national television.

4. CobraCoffeeBot

CobraCoffeeBot Well-Known Member

This is how our parents and grand parents feel when kids say how great that brand new song "Hey Jude" is by Lady GaGa.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Ah Michael Bay's Transformers. A more perfect double edged sword will never exist.

6. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Bang Bang

I have some friends at school that I talk about transformers to. When I brought up that the original Optimus Prime didn't have flames, they tried to go off on me. Then I went on the internet showed them pictures and dates of the original and they still think I made it up and drew the pictures myself. I can't draw to save my life. They also think I hired someone to make the cartoons. I asked him how stupid they were and they just walked away.

7. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    A friend's husband (now Ex) once tried to sell me his Transformers. He said he had some loose and asked if I'd like to buy them.

I said I'd have a look but before I did have a look, he said he'd sell them for £30 each.............I laughed and laughed alot as the ones he was describing were played with and not with weapons.

Needless to say, I never even saw them, let alone buy them!

8. grimlock_king25

grimlock_king25 Hail to the king, baby

Twitter:
    Seriously?

9. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    you gotta be kidding o_O 

10. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Some ppl dont know a shit about TF: except that in their own mind.

There is probbaly something you think you know in some area that is totaly wrong.

It all boils down to what your intrest is in.

11. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I also seem to find it very humorous that people think the only Sentinel Prime is that in the movie... And also once you correct them and tell them he existed before the movie, they say, oh of course, yeah I know... He was a traitor in G1 too.

I grind my teeth and run antifreeze through my body to stop my blood from boiling.

12. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Your friends are dicks. Just in case you needed to hear it from someone else. :) 

zmog

13. Armoredrah

Armoredrah Junkion

I think if people don't know what they're talking about, they should STFU. Not just about Transformers, but anything in general. Asking questions is fine, I'm all for talking to people who want to learn about stuff and I'm all about learning something new, just don't try to load me down with BS, I don't have a very high tolerance for it.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :lolol  WOW! IDIOTS GOSH!

15. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    hahaha... i heard shit like this ALL the time when i worked at a comic store... especially because they had a TV and i'd turn on G1 as background noise, and people would watch for a minute or two then tell me all about g1... and be completely wrong most of the time...

i teach mid school as well, and most of my kids say things once in awhile that are off, but i correct them in a positive way. and it's true that for most of these kids, their first real experience with TF's are the Bay movies, so i'll show them what BB looked like in G1. I love showing art from g1 characters to the kids, to show how things look different in each incarnation.

dude, you need some new friends...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  16. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People who go around saying "Megatron had to have someone fire him or he was useless."

[​IMG]

17. Dark Hayabusa

Dark Hayabusa Well-Known Member

^ This. I cringe whenever there's some tv show (usually on VH1) and a z-list comedian says some crap like that. Or the classic "Hey, why doesn't the Increadible Hulk's pants rip off when he transforms?" Because then the Hulk movie would be R-rated you idiot!
    Am I right in thinking there was always a kid at school that "had" a giant sized, talking optimus prime or an actual unicron toy. But he wasn't allowed to show it, because his uncle works for the toy company and would get fired?:rolleyes2 

18. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

That's true... there always was some kid with a story like that, wasn't there? My cousin owns one, or I saw it when I was on vacation in France or whatever...

zmog

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Funny Enough back in 2005 when i was starting colecting, a guy who worked at a local TRU said that he owns a G1 Unicron and that his grandfather was president of Mattell.......

I can't believe i bought that lie. :banghead:  I'm a fool. I wonder where thnat guy is now?

20. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Oh, good lord. +1.

You won't believe the number of such idiots around here.