People will scalp anything!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Moonstreaker, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Went to TRU to day to pick up some Tadoodles for my son. For those of you who haven't seen the 5 million comercials; they are markers and paints for toddlers (pics at bottom). Well, as we're walking up to the Crayola section I see some greasy looking fat man dumping them all in his cart. I imediately new what was going and my blood started to boil. As calmly as I could I walked up to the man and asked him what the heck he needed with all those markes.

He replied by saying "these things are hot, I'm going to sell them on eBay for christmas."

I simply reached into his cart and pulled out 2 each of the markers an paints and told him "Well, it looks like you won't be selling these ones."

The fat bastard then looked at me like he was going to try to take them from me. I' 6' tall and weigh 215, this guy was a good 5 inches shorter than me and 50lbs heavier.

I just laughed in his face and said "go ahead and try...we'll see how that works out for ya."

The look on his face was priceless. I think he had a moment of clarity. After the moment of stunned silence he slumped back into his fat couch potato posture and scurried away like the rodent he is.

I wouldn't say I was thoroughly shocked by this, but I mean come on...scalping baby toys? WTF?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'm starting to lose faith in mankind. I'm also starting to think eBay is the second beast in the book of Revelation.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Well, it's not like the babies will feel left out or slighted when these can't be found.

Still pretty moronic. Scalpers will indeed scalp anything, and then have a slap-each-other-on-the-back "reseller" circle-jerk.

4. Moonstreaker

Ebay:
    Wait...I thought that was Oprah?

5. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Nice job man. It's a collector revolution!

6. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Proves my point....Scalpers are fuckin' losers!

:scalper  :scalper  :scalper  :scalper  :scalper  :scalper 

7. Moonstreaker

Ebay:
    I thought I should mention my son loves the Tadoodles. It took him a little bit to catch on, but now doesn't want to put them down. My wife was all paranoid about letting him use them because he's only 14 months old. I just sat on the floor with him to make sure they didn't go in his mouth.

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    :lol  @ the kid on the paint packaging

Scalping is a part of life that we need to learn to live with. To take away scalping is to take away the internet entirely. Blame the soccer moms that refuse to tell their children 'No.'

9. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Priceless dude! :lol 

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Oh,,geez.

11. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

I am not surprised by this because these are the same people who bought up all the PS2s when they were first released; then put them up on eBay for double the price if not more.

I honestly believe it is the responsibility of the retail chains to put a limit on how many of the same kind of toy that a consumer can purchase. Until retailers start to limit multiple purchases of the same item we will be dealing with this every time Christmas comes. :( 

btw, good job Moonstreaker.

12. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, like that loser website that Prowl and I were jerking with those soccer moms for being loser scalpers. Scum, Man, Scum.

BTW, your sig makes me laugh, and I am pretty sure you ARE that guy from Metalocalypse

13. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

My wife worked with a woman who had a boyfriend who did this. When the PS3 was coming out, she told my wife she stood on line overnight for two of em. She was so impressed with her fat boyfriend.

Last I heard, he made $400 total which supported his fat ass for maybe 10 days, before her dreams of finally being financially supported came crashing down.

by the way, that guy's in jail now.

so, don't be too mad at these guys. They're way undermotivated to be successful which is why they choose this rediculous method to make cash which on paper is so counterproductive. In the end, they're all falling down and doing this to keep from thinking about it.

The part I hate is that things I buy...they've touched. ew..

Edit: And when I say 'fat' I don't mean overweight, so I didn't mean to offend anyone. I meant someone clearly allergic to proper hygiene and 'an island unto himself'. Also, yeah, Mega, you are now visually synonymous with Murderface to me too. :) 

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  14. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :rock 

15. Brawl

Brawl Master of Destruction

That is awesome. I'm glad you did what you did. Scalper suck and we need to let them know they can't get away with this kind of stuff. Scalping small child toys is really low too.

16. Armorhide

Armorhide Damn kids

I :lol  @ what you did to the guy. That was histarical!

17. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

People will do ANYTHING for a buck! Nothin new about it.

And bye the way, you wouldn't have successfully pulled anything out of my cart! I don't care how big you are. I would have completely lost it!

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. Nice job. I doubt he'll make a whole lot of money off of those. Most parents wouldn't go to eBay to look for something like that. Though, I'm now curious to see how many are on there and what they're going for... just for shits and giggles.

Hell, those things look so interesting I might go pick a couple up for my daughter now (a little over 1 and a half).

But, yeah, scalping toys is funny in itself (funny because idiots actually pay high prices for these things), but scalping toddler markers and paints is... well, it's very very funny. You have to laugh at people who do these sorts of things, because they can't make money any other way as they refuse to get off their fat asses. :lol 

19. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, this is definitely what tips the scales on my faith in mankind. Lots of horrible things in the world, but I'm not sure many of them can compare to scalping...baby markers, or whatever these things are.

Yeah, horrible. Wow.

20. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Scalpers are lower than the lowest scum, and need to be put out of every decent person's misery. :redface2: