People never cease to amaze me...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 26_Mirage, Jun 19, 2009.

1. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

Please forgive this rant, but I had to get this off my chest.

A couple of days ago we had a thread (which has since been locked) discussing among other things how to deal with children & the lack of good parenting in todays world.

Well...earlier today I needed to take my daughter to get her glasses fixed (darn microscopic screws...) so while we were out I figured I'd stop at a local Kmart & see if anything new came in. As we were leaving the store we walked towards the girls' clothes and as we did there was this little boy (maybe 4 years old) running down the main aisle yelling...not in a bad way, just kind of doing it to make noise.

I looked around to see where mom or dad might be...nowhere in sight.

Then from about 5 aisles away I hear "Michael(long pause)...Michael...what're ya doing, I'm looking at the shoes." (from the tone of the woman's voice one would assume that she could really care less if the boy answered. She seemed more annoyed than worried.)

So...as my daughter finished looking around we headed towards the door. We get to the parking lot & I noticed a little boy half way out in the lot standing by what I assume is his mother's car trying to open the doors.

IT'S THE BOY FROM INSIDE OF THE STORE!!:eek: 

I noticed some other seemingly concerned parents asking the boy if he was OK so my daughter & I went back into the store to get the mother.

She was still looking at stuff not even concerned where the kid might be.

When I told her that her boy was OUTSIDE she starts stomping towards the door more MAD than worried. ( I got that from the mumbling "I'll kill 'em...I'll kill 'em) We get out the door & she greets her son with "WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING!!!"

So as my daughter & I walk past do you think we (or the parents outside mentioned earlier) got even a polite smile or "thanks"...not a chance.

As someone mentioned in that other thread...I will not let my kids out of my sight, there's just too many crazys in the world today, but here's a mother who was seemingly more concerned with her shopping that with her own kid.

Heh...and they say there's a lack of parenting skills in this day & age.:inquisiti 

As all of you with kids know, they are the most precious things we have in life and we need to take care of them.

NOW GO GIVE YOUR KID(S) A BIG HUG!!!:thumb 

Again, sorry for the long-winded rant. I just needed to vent.:banghead: 

BTW...LOOK, up in the sky...it's a bird...it's a plane...NO, It's Rosanna and she's saving G1.

2. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Long story short some people can't be trusted with the task of child rearing/shouldn't breed. Not exactly an original tale but I'm glad this one didn't end in tragedy.

3. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

Amen to that!!

But you just know that if something did happen she'd have a lawsuit against Kmart in an instant. (...for not protecting her child...)

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Child rearing.

Man that term still makes me giggle.

*shame*

5. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

That is just so damn messed up. This is why the world is so bad most of the time. It's people like that that make me sick.

6. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Increased media coverage and communication =/= increase of "bad people."

7. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

I'm so glad my parents raise me right. [​IMG]

8. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

What do you mean by making "nowadays" bold? Just because others don't say it often, doesn't mean that I can't say it.

9. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

This. The "nowadays the world sucks, lets go back to a 1950s Emarica which never really existed" argument is driving me insane. The world has been like this FOREVER. Hell, its even been worse during most of human history. This is NOTHING new, and I wish we would stop acting like it is new.

Also, I see nothing wrong here other than a kid that cant listen to instructions from his mother. He most likely got a good yelling and learned a lesson. So what? What is it to other people? Why should anyone else care?

10. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my brother has like 6 kids(all different women)... not one of which he takes care of or anything... I remember one time my nephew was over with my brother, nephew was like 7 or 8, my nephew very politely ask his dad to turn off the light, he responds with something like, no thats now how you say it, Say yo dad knock out those lights.

Nephew well raised by his mother and his dad just not helping... some people shouldnt be able to have sex... my brother was over here other day and i could hear him complaining about how all his exes bug him about his children, which i dont give a shit for his complaining, he chose to have sex and he has to deal with the possible consequences of it

11. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I get the mental image of the mom from Malcolm in the Middle, for some reason.

12. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    somepeople shouldn't be allowed to have kids, that woman should be stripped of her parental rights for being so stupid

13. newguy

newguy i

I helped some 3 year old find his mom in a walmart. He was walking around asking for his mom, and people just walked right by. So the 14 year old had to be the grown up. Earlier I had seen him with his three brother playing with bug spray. I couldn't wait for one of them to spay one of the others. Why is it always the nasty fat, disgusting, and lazy woman that have 7+ kids?

14. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "You have to have a license to fish, but anyone can have kids."
    -Me.

15. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because more kids = more welfare $$$.

16. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Crazy story and sadly enough, you tend to see that more often than not. It seems like a lot parents in this world care more about what's going on with themselves than those they are charged with caring for and bringing up in this world. sad state of affairs and at least you know how to watch your own children and thank God someone was looking out for this ladies children...

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Oy. Y'know, I'm not saying this doesn't happen, but I've seen a lot of good parents around.

It's like bad drivers. You only notice the bad ones, 'cuz all the good ones are doing what they're supposed to be doing anyway.

18. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

Hehehehe. Sounds just like Lois! BOYS!

19. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    I'm with Gigs on this, people didn't suddenly become worse, there's just more news coverage of it......

And stupid people shouldn't breed...

20. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

aw, com'ere my imaginary daughter that i had a prevision dream of my future life. daddy will buy you a doll.

and by doll i mean action figure.
    and by you i mean me.

...i might have kids someday... just gotta meet a girl who won't leave me for a guy with a bigger wallet.

...aaaand able to withstand my moments of insanity/lunacy/psychotic episodes. :)  :D  :lol  :lolol 

BTW...LOOK, up in the sky...it's a bird...it's a plane...NO, It's Rosanna and she's saving G1.[/QUOTE]
    rosanna? what the...?