people need realize how expensive TF films are.they need human parts to fill the gap

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPancake, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Maybe. But then establish that and move on. Or in fact we know they turn into cars and jets and we know how big those things are anyway. No need to show someone stood next to one every few minutes to remind us.
    At the very least we didn't need anywhere near the number of main humans there were. If the amount of humans are mainly in there to establish scale then I'm sure many people understand the scale pretty quickly.

2. 420bot

420bot ******

They can make a $400-500 million dollar 'mostly' robot movie and it would easily make 1.5 Billion dollars: but alas every suit is too dumb to see this.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Humans aren't really needed to show scale. If you've got a bot next to a building (for example), you can get an idea of the scale.

Less human screen time = better robot characterization, which is really what it should be all about.

4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    But... but... if you don't have some whiny, obnoxious jerk (the star) screaming through half the movie, then audiences won't watch the movies!

5. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Why don't they make the Transformers less costly to animate in a reboot with a new aesthetic? If they've made the robots so complex and hard to animate that the movie called "Transformers" can't focus on the Transformers, something's gone wrong somewhere.

6. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

Agreed. I just don't understand how someone can like Sam. He's so horrible! It was fine, I guess, in the first one, since he was still in highschool. But, man, it's just so tough to watch him in 2 and 3, IMO.

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Especially in 3! Shia had one really good line the whole movie - "That's my car!"

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The sad fact is that Sam is suppose to help ground the movie in realism.

Yeah this is why i want a reboot so we can get a decent human protagonist. I don't midn human protagonists provided they either provice some use like as a Mechanic or a Soldier. The only Reason Sam even knows these bots is that Bumblebee became his car just so he can get his grandpa's glasses.

Also it doesn't help that Sam is a whiny, self serving spaz.