People from the UK who are selling/trading stuff.

Discussion in 'Wanted Items' started by Recall, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    All I see is American's which mean hefty shipping costs, anyone from the UK actually use the junkion?

2. JAYSCREAM

JAYSCREAM CACHOW!

Ebay:
    im trying but i only seam to get interest from americans

3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it's hard to keep track of sometimes. Maybe if all you guys put "UK -" at the beginning of the title of your sales/trade/buy threads. =D

4. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I asked if that could be made into a requirement to help but nothing came of it :( 

5. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Me too

6. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I'm trying to shift a crapload, look in my trade thread :D 

7. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

8. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    Stop your crying UK folks and start buying from each other !

Not our fault about shipping costs...your island is far away from our plot of land on the planet after all....

9. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

if you wana be that anal about it all then technically ALL americans are kinda actually British since its us UK folk who claimed America first and then the settlers turned on there own and called themselves americans...so...yeah...

Either way im in the UK. i got LOADS of rare items i try and sell on ebay ect and on here. If your after something in particaular just PM me as i get most things these days and sell alot cheaper than buying from websites like BBTS who charge UK folk custom fees ALL THE DAMN TIME

10. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Strange.
    I got a Shadow Commander set from BBTS and never got charged customs.

And it's not actually BBTS who charge customs.

11. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    We want to buy from each other, thats why I asked for other UK traders so I may purchase from them.

Anyway I got what I wanted so i'm happy :) 

12. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

Broadside how DIDNT you get charged custom fees? everyone in the uk i know whos purchased from them ALWAYS gets charged customs fees because it IS BBTS who put on the customs form - MERCHANDISE and INSURANCE OVER 50GBP which will = to a fee of around 25-35

it happened to me TWICE when i told them to mark it as GIFT because i was furious i had to pay TWICE for an item i had already piad postage on just because BBTS were to retarded to mark the item as GIFT

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If something happens in transit to a parcel with its full value declared, the sender can say it's the delivery service's fault, and claim that value back. Then they can give you your money back.
    But if a company declares something as a "gift" and marks its value as $5, that is ALL it is insured for. So if it goes missing or gets damaged in transit, neither you nor them are going to get anything more than that back.
    How do I know this? Because it's happened to me. I bought something on eBay, and it arrived in absolutely FUCKED condition (I'm a MIB collector, and the box was ruined). I contacted the seller and provided photos, and he claimed compensation from the seller. he then passed that money back to me as a partial refund. I would have been within my rights to send it back and claim a full refund, but I was happy with that.
    Marking values down is a huge risk, and a lot of companies are understandably loathe to take it. I bloody well wouldn't. I send EVERYTHING with its full value declared, wherever it's going.
    I wouldn't call not wanting to end up out of pocket because someone in another country wants ALL their money back being retarded. If you were in their place, you wouldn't either.
    The issue is that we get bent over on ridiculous customs charges over here, not BBTS wanting to run an honest business. Get the distinction straight and stop slagging off an honest company.

14. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Draven covered this pretty well.

Though, I don't know how Broadside didn't get custom charges since no-one with that user name has posted in this thread. In fact there isn't even a poster on this site called Broadside.

I, Boardwise, don't know how I didn't get charged customs.
    Maybe the custom officers were having an off day.
    Maybe they just liked my name.
    Who knows.
    All I, Boardwise, know is that I didn't get charged customs for the Shadow Commander set.

As for your claim that BBTS doesn't mark items as gift, here's a quote form the shipping FAQ page on there site:
    So your claim that they don't is false.
    Also calling then retarded is kind of pointless since a store can't be relatively slow in mental or emotional or physical development.

And there is also this:
    You can read all of there help information here

Also capitalising certain words to push your point just makes me lol