People are still paying premium prices for FE Vehicon, why?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MegaDolrailer, Feb 17, 2012.

1. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Every once in a while I go on eBay and I see these hugely overpriced First Edition Vehicon dudes, which, that's fine, I don't have to buy them, I can just wait for the PRID version, but what kind of annoys me is that like, people are buying them!
    Transformers Prime First Edition Vehicon Takara | eBay

Nineteen bids, seventy bucks! you can get so much cooler stuff for that much! like a Lio Convoy, or a Shadow Dagwon, or a couple of Figmas or something.
    Now like, I don't get this, we know that there's a way more screen accurate version of him coming out, why not save up your $70 and buy a bunch of him instead of paying $70 for just one of the not-as-screen-accurate version? :confused: 

2. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Troop building. And availability. The RiD version isn't even released yet. That just leaves the Takara FE as the only game in town still.

Or people like the mold (I do) and enjoy both the bot mode (even with the back kibble) and alt mode (turns into the Batmobile; nuff said).

And folks are forgetting that RiD Vehicon is only 1 per box. I imagine he'll be uber hard to find and get, especially with such a sought after mold and everyone and their momma trying to troop-build him.

3. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

damn, wait a week or two!

4. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    FE version is rare and it seems the fe figures are pretty wanted. Nothing wrong with someone wanting to buy that item if they want to spend the money.

5. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    People want them, and they have money?

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Supply & demand, yo.

7. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

I hope to dear god people aren't trying to troop build with these; I really wanted one but the premium has gotten outrageous. I hope for better luck in the mainline, even though I thus far do not like it as much ( I don't think it will mesh into my collection as well.)

8. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    For what?

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    This and i am willing to bet at least a few people are trying to troop build them or get a head start on it be for the regular vehicons come out.

10. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    It's an awesome mold, it's scarce, he's a troop builder figure.... supply and demand. That and different people like different things.

11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree that the price is high, but I can understand the demand. It is a nice figure. Surprisingly intricate for a Deluxe figure and looks much nicer in person than it's given credit for.

The RID version might be more show accurate (I honestly don't know), but the First Edition is truly a nice figure.

I paid BBTS pricing and got lucky, I know it, I don't take it lightly. I probably would've caved at some point and went the eBay route if it hadn't been for BBTS getting in the TakaraTomy shipment.

12. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I think, looking at the pics, RID has a lot less back kibble.

13. mattomaton

mattomaton ...

To me, the RID Vehicon looks like a watered down version of the FE.

I don't understand how they produce the figures and then cancel them so fast. Isn't it expensive to design and make a mold of a figure?

14. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You shouldn't try to "get" why other people spend their money the way they do. I dont get luck draws, black repaints, clear versions, some people only collect those things

15. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Agreed with the posters above. Why get so hung up over what other people like and/or buy? It's their money. And also agreed that the Takara FE Vehicon is a really nice figure with an awesome plastic color scheme. Much cooler in hand/person. To the naysayers, meh, your loss.

16. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not really hung up, sorry if it seems like I am :eek: , was just wondering cause like, the PRID version'll be alot cheaper, more widely released and look kinda better, just saying that it'd be better to army build him than the First Edition Vehicon, even if he is one per case.

17. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    People get way too bent out about the backpack. It barely even sticks above his shoulders!

[​IMG]

18. Zeno4xx

Zeno4xx Well-Known Member

They both look great so I guess theres no losing either way.

19. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

I don't get why they always short pack the troop builders in every series really. Vehicon in this case, which logic would dictate that's what it is for, but only to fill the case with BB's or the like. It's like they want people to get them from the secondary market or online pretty much or really just don't get troop building when it's called for. Dozens of the same character on the show and something kids and collectors want more than just one of possibly, you only get one per case. Plus 3 more Bumblebees. :lol  It's insane they keep doing stuff like this.

20. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    People have a gut reaction to "TFPRID" because of Bumblebee and are going nuts over FE because "IT MOAR PURE."