Pennsylvania Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Maverick Hunter Christian, Jun 28, 2003.

1. CU77

CU77 CRX

Where the hell is gibsonia, lol

2. Ajcrn1025

Ajcrn1025 Well-Known Member

North of Pittsburgh

3. cutrookie

cutrookie Well-Known Member

My bad, I had a total brain fart. I did mean misfire

4. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Does Chambersburg Walmart still have Nitro? Heading that way tomorrow.

5. diecast17

diecast17 Well-Known Member

It was awesome seeing you! TFCon sure kept me busy. I was on 3 panels, got a lot of stuff, and networked a lot. Had a great time, but I am very tired. LOL

Last night I was up till 1AM getting the Maketoys Howling Meteor Review up. Maybe in a week or 2 things will slow down.

6. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    All these reports from TFCon actually make me glad I didn't go. I don't think there was anything there for me since I only care about official stuff.
    Oh well, maybe next year I'll make it to HasCon.

Shippensburg Walmart has nothing new. Tyy are pretty well sticker, but it's all older stuff.

7. phoenix88

phoenix88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just interjecting my 2 cents on TFCon here (for TF related stuffs, i got the show exclusive Tarn, MMC Calidus, Hot Soldiers Soundwave and Wei Jiang's Alcee (really content with all the purchases except Alcee, she's nice but i have my quibbles with her as an upscaled/modified KO, and probably could have kicked her $ to OpenPlay's Big Cannon, who i kept messing around with at the Con and would seriously fill that Classics Galvatron hole in my collection)) .

I had a blast at con (benefitting from it being in my hometown area), but as an Introvert who's on the fringe of this hobby, i felt very over-stimulated and reclusive. It was nice to be there and i did manage to chat with Vangelus very briefly and Peaugh briefly (both were mainly talking with other people though, so i didnt bother them), but i was only able to stay for a chunk of hours on Saturday due to other commitments. I regret getting the t-shirt. If anything it definitely cemented to me that i'm not the Con kinda guy.

8. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Carnegie Wal-Mart: Sixshot, Megatron, Broadside, Cosmos, Getaway, Twinferno, Roadburn...can't remember what else.

Robinson Wal-Mart: Sixshot, Megatron, Broadside, Cosmos, Kickback, Gnaw, Roadburn, maybe Seaspray...and old deluxes (still).

9. Predacon Gregatron

Predacon Gregatron Well-Known Member

I just checked before I clocked in, Nitro is gone.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mizzinno

News Credits:
    Of course. Thanks for checking.

11. Predacon Gregatron

Predacon Gregatron Well-Known Member

Chambersburg Target
    1x leader Nothing
    2x each of deluxe Jack and Squat

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yaujta

News Credits:
    Sounds like they re-stocked.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DestronOne

DestronOne Well-Known Member

What's the retail on one of those?

14. Ajcrn1025

No matter what it’s overpriced lol

15. Yaujta

News Credits:
    Until they go on clearance and everyone will whine that they missed them.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, don't post crap like that. I'll spoil it for you, the seller is CGI Toys/Dr. Killinger. Here's the thing, you're completely misreading the entire situation and making it into something it's not. They're not available at Walgreens yet because Walgreens hasn't released them, yet. Second, these did not "fall off the truck". They were obtained legally and the source was on the up and up, these were not stolen. They're coming from distributors that work with Hasbro East Asia out of Hong Kong. They're Asian release cases and US importers are allowed to buy them, at a higher cost because it costs more to get them NOW and have them shipped in a reasonable time frame.

Walgreens is getting these by the 100s, at least, and that requires surface shipping, which takes longer. That's the cost of the lower price. You get it for a much lower price, but it takes weeks to months to get here to pay for that price cut. CGI/Dr. K doesn't have that buying power or funding. Neither does ToyDojo or TCP, both of which sold the exact same figures in the same manner and pricing. All of those were legit, legal sources and on the up and up sales.

I know Dr. K's personal products are questionable at best and his practices are definitely questionable, but I'm not going to allow someone to flat out claim something that isn't true because of their own personal bias and misinformation.

Now, the real information has become available, do with it what you will, but don't lie and further smear a man because you can't process that it's Hasbro and Walgreens that's screwing the buyers.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yaujta

News Credits:
    How are Hasbro and Walgreens 'screwing' the buyers by not selling these sets RIGHT NOW? They'll be available in-store and online in a little while, so these outside sellers are only preying on those that need them RIGHT NOW. It's an opportunistic business practice that (unfortunately) works, and I can understand why the sellers use it to the fullest, but that doesn't make taking advantage of collectors' impatience any less loathsome.
    Just sit back, wait a little while, and they'll be available for non-scalper prices at Walgreens and on their website. Heck, 'gotta have it' Brainstorm is STILL available online.

18. TheTimeIsNigh

TheTimeIsNigh Member

Thanks for the info about the Asian release cases. I'm sorry if I offended you, but I had no intention of smearing anyone or making specific claims. When I said "it looks like they all fell off the back of the truck", I was trying to be sarcastic that the entire production run was gone. In hindsight I should have phrased it differently. I'll delete that post as well.

19. Mizzinno

News Credits:
    Speaking of Walgreens, this is my reaction to the Chambersburg one:
    [​IMG]

The only Walgreens for miles and the newest stuff they have are those stupid banks.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ajcrn1025

So I stopped at Toys R Us in Langhorne this morning. They said as far as Arcee goes, there’s no way to tell if and when they’ll get them. I gave them the R Us # and they looked it up, none in stock (I figured as much) but I did see the screen and there’s 6 to a case. They said they get their shipments now on Tuesday and Thursday (used to be Wednesday and Friday).

I’m just annoyed that the presale is sold out. Everything I read said it was going live this morning...never knew there was a preorder for it. Hoping I can somehow still get it