Pen and Paper RPG folks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jorod74, Jun 23, 2008.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    omfg, I forgot about Paranoia. That game was awesome as hell, but i only got to play maybe a half dozen sessions.

Robotech was the first real RPG i played- we played it in our band room at high school before school or we'd run a small campaign during band camp. ( we be nerds.)

The best thing that happened was a 4 man mission to invade a Zentraedi ship. we get ambushed by an Officer's Battle Pod and one of us grabs his friend and uses his valkyrie as a shield. We shot him at point blank range for cowardice and the GM rewarded us for it by letting the OBP consider us harmless.

One thing i miss from Shadowrun was the Universal Brotherhood conspiracy and the insect totems. praying mantis spirits shredding mages FTW.

2. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In high school our nerd group was splitting in two and it was decided with a neutral nerd GMing we where going to settle things in Shadowrun. Our group had the mages hiding in a near by building. My guy openly showing heavy armor and weapons and our orc covered in allusion spells to make his armor and weapon (I forget the name of the gun but it was a big one) look like a 3 peace suit and walking cane. The set up was the orc (our leader) requested the leader of the other group to meet out in the open to discus terms. They planed to ambush us but before they could put there plan into action our orc lifted his cane and killed there leader ( a decker) with one blast. Dude flipped out, near tears he stormed out leaving his team. When out projecting mages started there attack one of there team instead they couldn't find him because he was in his car and it was lead lined (he didn't tell the GM about this). The GM ruled they could still detect him through the windows. He insisted the windows where lead also and said he speeds off to escape. The GM has him roll to see if he can dive his lead window car and he fails and crashes. At that point they all stormed out. Whole game was over in about an hour, that included the time guy spent yelling.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Paranoia rocked. Hilarious game. how many clones do I have left, Friend Computer? :lol 
    Oh man, Bug City was an awesome campaign. Loved every second of playing it. That was the thing with Shadowrun; it was done so damn well that you could just play the scenarios straight from the books and they would still be fantastic. Such a wonderful game system too.

OK, RPGs I've played:
    West End Games' Star Wars RPG (really good game)
    Shadowrun (brilliant)
    Vampire: the Masquerade (Sabbat, Camarilla, Black Hand games. Unfortunately White Wolf eventually did Gehenna, and Vampire: the Requiem is pathetically bad)
    Mage: The Ascension (really didn't like it much)
    Werewolf: The Apocalypse (wasn't too keen)
    Rifts (good, but WAY too complicated for its own good)
    Cthulhu (which is supremely terrifying in the right hands; get a decent ref, and by the time you see a corpse you are genuinely scared witless)
    Little Fears (do some digging on this one. It's amazing)
    Battletech (only played a few games)
    AD&D (always sort of annoyed me, to be honest)

I used to be heavily into tapletop RPGs, until most of the people I regularly played with turned out to be a bunch of backstabbing assholes.

4. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Rifts, Shadowrun, and AD&D were the ones that I got into.

Then along game M:TG and I never rolled dice again.

Gave up M:TG in highschool though. Never bought a pack since.

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

What's the deal with that anyway? Happened to me too.

6. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    I started out with a bit of Rolemaster in high school, but didn't get heavily into gaming until military tech school where we had a regular group playing AD&D 2nd Edition. Had some really good adventures that I tried to turn into screenplays, and might turn into a comic at some point, starring my halfling's undead pony. After that did some GURPS and MechWarrior, but mostly tapered off because GMing was a lot of work and there weren't a lot of people willing to take some of the burden, so the groups would die when the GM wanted even just a short break.

I still laugh my ass off at my Knights of the Dinner Table issues, tho! And still have most of my character sheets.

--Moony

7. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Oh, not exactly an RPG, but you all should check out Secret Tiuana Deathmatch by Cheapass Games. It is quite fun and inexpensive.

8. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

AD&D : 2nd Ed, D&D 3rd ed(which I DM'd a few times) , Vampire: The masquerade 2nd ed, Deadlands non D20, Big Eyes: Small mouth, Star wars D20 Revised, Spycraft once or twice, All Flesh Must Be Eaten (all about zombies, pretty fun) and probably a few others that I can't remember.

9. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I played DnD and Vampires back in highschool.Then the people i played with got in a "I'm better than you,cuz i know more" mindset.That was enough to kill it for me.