Peaugh Reviews: SDCC TF:Prime Exclusive "First Edition" Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  2. nelodiavolo

nelodiavolo Transformer Nerd

News Credits:
    Nice Review. Can't wait to get mine from HTS. Oh by the way, does he hold his gun? :D 

3. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Entitlement? Piss off.

News Credits:
    God I love the newer intro music, MUCH better than your previous public domain selection. Thanks for the review duder! :thumb 

4. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I said this elsewhere and i maintain it. It's not that this is a bad figure in itself: it has excellent articulation, an interesting transformation and it's unmistakably Prime. There are strange things-mostly his forearms- but as a toy, it's good compared to your average deluxe. It's hard to do a perfect prime in the deluxe scale, especially if you're dealing with the Prime aestethic that cheats so much between modes.

This figure's worst problem is that the Voyager surpasses it in every way. I get the impression that Voyager Prime is gonna be one of these figures that becomes universally loved regardless of toyline, it's just looks that good.

5. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Entitlement? Piss off.

News Credits:
    I'd agree with that, I think the Voyagers look amazing! Hell they almost look like Leader sized figures, but I guess in some weird way the Voyagers have become the Leader Class figures.

6. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    That's kind of what I was trying to convey there at the end. What you've got here is a good, solid, DELUXE Prime figure, and all that that entails. Had I not seen the voyager beforehand, I'd be much more enthusiastic about this version. Unless you just really love the packaging or HAVE to have it now, you're far better off waiting at least until the two-pack with Megatron, which will be a far better value for the money. He's a nice, solid deluxe class package, but knowing that both the voyager and the two-pack are coming in a few months, I don't think it's worth paying the aftermarket prices to have this right this second. I like him, I honestly do, but he's not an immediate "must-have" just now.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  7. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Hey Peaugh can you post some pics of him now that his wrists are painted I wanna see how they look in a still shot. :D 

8. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    Definitely waiting for the Voyager at retail.

This one is better than I thought (pics made the vehicle mode look toony/ kiddy), but I tend to only get one representation of a character (I want) from each line.

9. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

I agree, definitely will wait for the two-pack with Megs and the kids. Not bad looking but I also just cannot wait for the voyager.