Peaugh Reviews: ROTF Scout Scattorshot

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
  2. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Is he really that terrible? There has to be something redeeming about him, how's his articulation?

3. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    I like your reviews Peaugh but all you did in that video was moan and say "Could've got War Machine". If you hate it so much why don't you return it ? And what about articulation ? You didn't even say anything about it. Just my thoughts :) 

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I enjoy your reviews, Peaugh, but I'm sorry, but I completely disagree with you on this one. Scattorshot is one of my favorite ROTF Scouts, if not my favorite overall. And I'd hate to be blunt, but this review is more of you complaining about the fact you got him instead of War Machine. You seem to hold this over the figure as a negative point, when it isn't really Scattorshot's fault at all, but your own. After all, you could have returned this guy and got War Machine instead. If you cut a lot of the moaning about War Machine, you could have made this more of a review by showing off the figure itself, articulation, scale, etc. But still, what you think about Scattorshot is your opinion, and I respect that. And hearing you say "retarded monkey" is very amusing.

Just my :2c: .

5. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Wow calling him a retarded monkey was funny. But man that sucks hope you do get a War Machine.

6. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

Ebay:
    ROTF Scattorshot is one of the best articulated scouts of the line:

ROTF Scattorshot Photo Review - Transformers News

As Scattorshot IS packed in robot mode, and there are plenty of galleries out there on the webs, that show in detail what he looks like out of package, I'm not necessarily convinced there's...value in bashing the figure based almost solely on his visual appearance. Everyone here knows what Scattorshot looks like. The value of a review is getting the low-down on all those other qualities that you can't figure out unless you have the toy in-hand.

I think back to ROTF Ransack. That crushed-up biplane of a bot mode is a friggin' weird design...from the beginning you could tell that it wasn't going to be everyone's cup of tea. But if you did like Ransack's looks, or could at the very least get over them, there was a really fun toy to be had under the strangeness.

Scattorshot is, in my opinion, the same way. I would have liked to see a review that took into account the figure's other qualities before completely dismissing him. I would vouch that if you like the way he looks, he's one of the best scouts of the line.

** I would say I feel a bit...jerkish for positing the above, since I was too lazy to ever give a thumbs up on all the excellent reviews Peaugh has posted over the years. On balance, I think Peaugh is one of the best TF reviewers out there...precisely because he's so good at expressing how a toy feels and works in-hand. Few reviewers seem to "get that" the way he does.

7. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Why call him a retard monkey but not Ironhide? If anything, Ironhides WORSE.

8. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

Personally, I dislike some asthetic looks on Scattorshot, but a toy review is a toy review. It would be good to explain more about each of its good and bad qualities, rather than be "emo" and complain about getting the figure. I'm not saying that it's wrong, but in this review you crossed the line a little...

I apologize if I offended you. I had no intention of doing so. Anyways, looking forward to more of your reviews.

9. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I pretty much agree with what Mechafire said, you made a trade-off and that's no fault of Scattorshot unless the toy has some mind-controlling abilities I'm unaware of. I can understand you might not like the aesthetic of the toy(personally I wish he had the goggles, otherwise I'm fine) but the transformation is quite fun albeit simple, & this guy has tons of poseability.

10. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Maybe's it's because I normally watch TF reviews for the reviewer and not the toy these days, but I thought it was quite funny, and rather entertaining. Yes it wasn't as informative as previous videos (his Animated Blurr vid made me buy that toy), but it's still fun! Maybe it's because I do the same on my reviews whenever things bug me, just rant about them until my time is up but it shows that even the best reviewers can be laid low by a really bad toy.