Peaugh Reviews: G1 Pretender Bludgeon

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
  2. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I've wanted one since I first saw one at a comic shop. Too bad they're so damn expensive! :( 

Nice review, too! :D 

Also, +1000000000000000000000 badass points for ripping him right out of the sealed card. I'm sure some people are cringing! :lol 

3. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    At 0:36 I was in utter shock.

:lol 

Good review as usual.

4. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Pretty cool... but eh... looking back ; for the total amount of plastic... one would get a minor amount of actual TF robot...

5. Metalhead

Metalhead hates things

I never was much of a pretender fan as a kid, but this guy was the one that I thought looked coolest.

Gotta say I almost choked on my coffee laughing when you De-MOSC'd him.

6. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh my GOD!!!!! Just kidding, while I have never done that with an expensive toy like this. I have liberated may a g1 from their plastic prison. I wish I knew you were going to do that, I would have traded you my mint loose one but then again the shock factor is worth it. TOTAL FUN!!!
    While I know this is not news worthy, the fact that you did that should make if front page. You might scare a few members.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  7. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not a MISB collector, and I did open some MOSC toys (but only ones no-one wanted to buy or trade from me like G2 Archforce) but this is seriously wrong...

Do you really have that much money to throw out of the window? Why not buy a loose complete Bludgeon for 90$ (that's the usual price for him) and why spend Primus knows how much more on a MOSC? (I have a MISB collector friend with whom I share my Ebay account and I know how much a MOSC Bludgeon goes for, he always stopped bidding above 200$...) Makes no sense other then to annoy MISB collectors.

As for the toy itself, yep, he's awesome. Especially like the tank turret/shield combo. Too bad he never came with a sword, though a friend and I are currently making a custom katana sword based on the one he uses in the Marvel comics - it is currently in the printing stage.

8. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Wrong? It's a toy, and I think there's already way too much inflation in what people pay for some of these MOSC/MISB figures. But I had the money, he was the only fully complete Bludgeon I could find, and if you really look at that card, you'd see that he was already a good way towards coming off of it anyway, and the card itself was bent, warped, and has some water damage on it. I didn't buy it because it was a perfect, pristine sample of the figure, I bought it because the new voyager reminded me of how much I loved my old G1 Bludgeon and I wanted to replace it. Hanging it up on the wall in such a damaged box wouldn't be the same. So I opened it, I've played with it. I don't regret the decision in the least. I'd probably get a really good price for him in the future selling him in such great loose condition with his cardback, or hell, even without it. Which is beside the point, since this is already one of my "never sell unless you absolutely have no other choice" figures.

Yeah, I love the guy. Also, he can hold Voyager Bludgeon's smaller sword. It's a little short, but hey.

9. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't get the "buy a toy and keep it in its box". I say if you wanted it (and from the previous Bludgeon review, it sure sounded like you did) and had the money to get it, why not?

Now that I see this guy, the design of the ROTF Bludgeon doesn't bother me as much as it was. I will say, as awesome as the design is, this is the worst disquise ever. "Hey look, its a zombie samurai with a skull head and a machine gun. Also a tank turret on his arm. Nothing suspicious about that, lets ask him to be our friend!"

10. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I used to have a Pretender Bumblebee, but time wasn't good with him so..damn. So good review and well enjoy Bludgeon or I like to call him Bludgey. LOL

11. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Pic? It'd be cool seeing G1 Bludgeon with a sword for once.

12. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I'm sure I'll get one when I find the time to get some more photoshoots done.

13. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretenders in the US comics were never about disguise. It's more akin to an organic exo-skeleton that can protect you from damage, (in some case) regenerate itself and repair the robot inside it, and the best part - can be remote-controlled thus giving you the ability to be in two places at one time.

Peaugh: meant no disrespect, I just find opening a MISB/MOSC toy a waste of money. Especially if it is of such a rare figure that you can afford the loose one more easily. But if you say it was a bargain, it's OK.

(side note, I still tear my hair out at the guy who found a MOSC Action Master Bombshell (one of the rarest european exclusive AMs and most sought out, even loose goes well over 100$) and gave it as a present to his little niece, not knowing the value of it. Argh....)

14. Zress Tayasu

Zress Tayasu Axiom

*post mocking MISB/MOSC obsessed types who seriously have a problem with someone buying and opening a personal "holy grail", that I am not creative enough to write*
    if it was still the 80's and he was buying it new in the store, it'd be MOSC. would you tell him even then to never open it? I just don't understand the mentality of "buy toy, never touch it".