Peaugh Reviews: DOTM Human Alliance BACKFIRE w/ Spike Witwicky

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, May 3, 2011.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
  2. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Spike huh? That's pretty interesting. I really hope I find these figures soon. Nice review.

3. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that cannon mode is really cool shame I don't really plan to own any of the new movie toys out side of these guys and maybe the odd rare deluxe so far

4. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    actually quite like this figure, great review

quick question peaugh, whats the background picture for your channel from?

5. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does the gun mode fit well in other mechtech ports on other bots? His robot mode is kinda bad compared to Icepick and the others, but that gun mode might see use from me if it looks good on other figures. For example, can he plug snugly into Sentential Prime's hands/forearm ports?

Dat gun mode though. Don't exactly like the leader mold of Ironhide as much as I thought I would, but this guy looks perfect for him. What about his smaller voyager counterpart? Too big?

6. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Both Backfire and Icepick fit beautifully. I like Icepick on Sentinel a little better because of how it fits like over his hand like an extension of his arm (well, barring the color mismatch), but they both work.

All I've got are some really terrible cell pics but:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And putting some hurt on Starscream:
    [​IMG]

That's Thunderhead's gun on Sentinel's shoulder mechtech port.

I agree with Peaugh that Backfire looks really, really good on Ironhide, and I'm planning to pair them up once Leader Ironhide comes out. Whereas Icepick kinda gives Sentinel a Shockwave-esque weapon-arm that also evokes Optimus's battle blades. Once the line is released officially, I'm contemplating buying a second Icepick to repaint in rescue vehicle colors and give Sentinel a pair of fire rescue buddies who can transform into dual arm blades.

7. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got some pics too..

These HA basics are kick ass....

The bottom line. They will have at LEAST ONE kick ass mode. They are worth it to me, Im ALL about HA stuff...

Backfire...KICK ASS gun mode, GREAT alt mode...weak robot mode
    Icepick...PERFECT snowmobile...Lame weapon mode...Weak robot
    Thunderhead..Cool robot...Cool walker thing...KICK ASS mech suit
    Sandstorm..KICK ASS alt mode...great weapon platform...GOOD robot mode.

I bought these before any of the deluxes..(besides starscream). I think they are a great TF for the price. Only a buck or two more than a scout, but you can tweak em, and make different weapon modes...

[​IMG]
    By tadave79 at 2011-05-03

[​IMG]
    By tadave79 at 2011-05-03

8. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PS...you forgot to mention the MASSIVE typo on Backfires Instruction sheet.

I mean...its BAD.

It comes in robot mode, yet They miss the Robot to... conversion and you have to figure it out yourself...not a big deal, but they just reprinted vehicle to weapon twice, and where robot to vehicle should have been..

Pretty bad mistake...

OH SHIT!!!...what am i doing typing this here?!!? I have a "rare mistake instruction sheet" I need to be selling on ebay for $2899....CRAP..I gotta get to listing.... :) 

9. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Friggin' Awesome. Thanks guys. More robot pictures would be appreciated since it seems to be this guy's weakest link.

10. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone noticed how perfect Backfire's weapon mode be as a combiner leg?

11. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Dig the vehicle-mode, weapon-mode is interesting, robot-mode is kinda meh, for me. I donno, he just comes off as a little clunky looking.

I'm probably not going to get any of the Leader figs for DOTM, so I'm definitly not going to get this guy as an Ironhide sidekick. (Though that is pretty cool.)

I donno, maybe when I see him in person I'll change my mind. But not really that interested in him.

12. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, he'll fit into any mechtech port if there's clearance around the port. The pegs on all of these are capable of rotating out to allow more room, so they should fit on most figures.

13. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

How do u 153 people get SP so early? Ebay is like a miracle i guess for some people. I giv up. im just wait two weeks. I wash my hands of the subject!.... until tomorrow...

14. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got him at Target today...no ebay

15. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. I went to a Target at opening on Sunday morning, nabbed the electronics employee just as he got in (he still had his street clothes on over his Target uniform) and asked him to look up the DPCIs for Sentinel and the HA basics. He grabbed them from the back and I bought them at the counter and got out as fast as possible. It just takes a little finesse and not tipping your hand that you know the figures haven't been officially released yet. It also helps to hit right at opening or just before closing; the first time I tried it, it was the middle of the day and a manager caught wind that the stockboy was pulling the figures and he put a stop to it. All told, though, it's pretty easy.

16. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    cool

17. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine were stocked right on the shelves. Also...my :2c:  , if an employee gets caught bringing out street dated merchandise..they lose their job. All of this talk of conning people to go back and risk their job because someone wants toys early.

18. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't go so far as to say "conned;" we're not tricking them into doing anything they wouldn't do for any customer – they're supposed to be willing to pull item from the stockroom for customers. At worst, we're just omitting that we know more than the employees about the street dates. And if the employees don't know (or care), that's management's fault for not telling them – if the management even cares at most stores. The stories I've read here suggest most Targets don't give a crap. Its not like anybody is stealing anything or doing anything wrong; we're paying fair and square for merchandise that's listed in the system as "available." Target gets their money and we get a product. And frankly, given the number of these advanced purchases people have made and how little effort Target stores put into enforcing the dates, I have a hard time believing that they care enough to punish anyone.

19. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On my last trip to Target yesterday, I did the same thing as before, went to service desk, Asked for dcpi's were in stock, she said yes, they will bring them up. I said, "I can meet him by the stock room door, to make it easy for him", She said "no prob"...I went back, and a white shirt manager asked me "which ones are you looking for?" Im tellin you, this guy, brought out 4 cases for me to look through, He SEEN the "do not stock til" on the case, and you know what he said..

"wow...arent YOU lucky..."

thats what he said.....Target dont give a shit...The Hasbro reps will be getting to the stores to do the planagram on that day, and they just WONT be able to fill the planagram.

Target dont give a shit...They are just boxxes in the back room to them. Its the Hasbro reps that will be PIISSSSSED when they get there.

20. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Backfire is now my fave in the recently released DOTM line. His weapon mode is what sold him to me!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

His accessories are quite useful as well!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They're also good rides for the Perfect Effect guys (and girl).
    [​IMG]
    (yeah, i know, you shouldn't drive and shoot with both hands unless your bike is sentient)

[​IMG]