PE-11 - Worth the Price?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by zeroomegazx, Jul 6, 2011.

1. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    I have been pondering over getting PE - 11 for quite some time now. As being the most representative of the G1 reflector set it is definitely the one I want. However his small size makes me wonder if his QC is decent enough to hold up over time, plus the cost of the small set. Looking for any feedback from current owners of the set on what I should do. Thanks!

2. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  3. IceWilly

IceWilly Technobot

Yes.

4. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    I say yes. Nearly all the joints are ball joints and are somewhat straightforward to bolster and repair.

5. KNOOM842

KNOOM842 Ultra Con

YES

6. zeroomegazx

News Credits:
    how about the QC on the items? I saw in one of Peaugh's reviews that some of the guns have alignment issues and some of the shields have issues fitting the clamps together. Is this kinda widespread or no?

7. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

QC on mine is fantastic. The biggest thing with these figures is that they are super fragile. Handle with care, and you'll be very pleased with the purchase.

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
  9. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I'd say yes! Fantastically poseable with a crapton of (admittedly teeny tiny) accessories and combination modes make this set very fun and playable! Just be extra careful when transforming or posing them as they are super small (those with big hands or fat fingers may have trouble with them) with lots of little parts that run the risk of getting lost (or swallowed by infants or pets).

There are some QC issues but they're relatively minor (and nothing a little DIY can't fix in most cases, mostly involving the guns). If there is a problem, I'm sure most major online retailers will gladly exchange or send replacement parts. The Stealth Force black repaint of this set has reportedly zero QC issues, according to Peaugh.

These guys are pretty much the modern G1 stand-ins for Reflector until something bigger and better comes along, but I have zero regrets pulling the trigger on this awesome little set. Big things do come in small packages!

[​IMG]

They fit in nicely with Revoltechs and Classics scale- and aesthetics-wise, I think, but YMMV.

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    QC issues?? I dunno about that. The only thing I've seen is that the left side of the c amera tends to pop out. It happened to mine and I saw the same thing in a review.

Other than that little thing....TOTALLY AWESOME. They are with my Classics Decepticons and they are still the first thing my eyes go to when I walk into my room.

11. WheelJacksWrkShp

WheelJacksWrkShp Here goes nothin'

I concur with all that is said on here. These figures are awesome and worth the expense. 0 buyers remorse. Not as fragile as you would think but I am not a "ham fisted" person either. I did have 1 minor QC issue and TFSource replaced that figure in 3 days no charge. Easily one of my favorite character teams.

12. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    As much as I hate to say it, they are very much so worth it! I got mine for a greatly reduce cost on a trade, and I couldn't be happier with them. Glad I bought the Botcon exclusive set, just hope it gets here soon.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  13. zeroomegazx

News Credits:
    I know TFSOURCE and BBTS are good to their customers so I do know if something is broken they will help me out. I think I will bite on them this weekend. They just look so darn cute with their Team Fortress 2 classes gear!

14. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    The only thing why people are taken back on these figures are the size. Everyone disown them for only one reason, and that is size. If you get over that "size" factor (and in my opinion a silly factor since Reflector were anything but big), you have in your hands, a very nicely engineered toys with TONS of options.

15. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    do yourself a favor and get it. You won't regret it! These little guys pack a big punch!

16. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    WELL worth the price. Buy them now or regret it forever....yes, they are THAT good.

17. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I agree.That are the centerpiece of my collection.Anytime i'm playing in my cabinet,they are the first and last to be played with.

18. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you're ok with tiny bots, then yes. They are awesome.

The only thing close to an issue with my set was the gun barrels needed a little wiggling to plug into the lens bit. So if something doesn't fit, just wiggle it in gently. They like it like that.

19. Navihawk11

Navihawk11 Active Member

They are complete awesomesauce.

20. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty neat set overall, but the 90 pill was a little hard to swallow. Since I bought it I will keep it, but don't see myself buying too many more PE stuff. I was hoping I can get over the size thing, but a little expensive for me still.