PE-02 Shadow Warrior+Shadow Demolition

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by catz, Jun 8, 2010.

1. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess they learn from hasbro...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    So... what is it? :sly2: 

3. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    notice the backpack/suitcase thingy?

4. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Reminds me of the missile packs on the Robotech Beta fighters.

5. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Sooo....it provides either back deco....or a mounting point for gun-mode shadow-warriors?

Kiiinda cool, but I'm not getting excited...

6. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    It's a repaint of Shadow Warrior which (fortunately) isn't packaged with the "Shadow Pack", which is a weapons rack which can mount Shadow Commander's BFG and sword or two Shadow Warriors in robot mode.

In vehicle mode it's a missile rack.

7. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    When everyone came down on these guys because they released Shadow Warrior first followed by Frenzy and Rumble...I stood by them. I was one of those people that bought the Shadow Warriors for my Shadow Commander...and knew they would repaint them to the obvious homages they are (which I also bought). The figures are totally worth in in my opinion!

But now I have to buy a Shadow Demolitions character to get the backpack to mount my Shadow Warriors? Not cool.

Hopefully they don't force you to buy both pieces. Hopefully we can buy just the backpack. Hopefulyl they take after FansProject which allowed previous City Commander owners purchase the add-on set with the missile racks, gun and alternate faces.

8. UltraMarknus

UltraMarknus Well-Known Member

hey that is pretty cool...I was considering ordering F/R but will probably wait until the eventual repacking with the backpack........PE is shooting themselves in the foot.

9. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

Well, it looks like you would need two shadow warriors anyway. So i don't see why people are getting pissed. So if you get this set only, you'll only have 1 shadow warrior and he won't be able to dual wield or mount the double guns in vechicle mode.

In my opinion, they basically added value to the early adopters. More than likely this will either be a combo set which means it's gonna cost more (probably +$50) or they are gonna sell it separately. If they only do it as a combo, then people will have to go back and track down the original if the price is right ($30 ish?). Otherwise you end up having to buy 2 of this new set (which costs more) and have 2 suitcases which you may not be able to use the 2nd one for anything.

10. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After the F+R set, I think I've had enough of the Warrior mold. However, I wouldn't mind getting the backpack accessory as a standalone for any of the Commander armors, assuming it works well.

11. BraveMax

News Credits:
    The boxes are separate, with separate item numbers. It's pretty clear, from that, that these will be separate items.

12. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The F+R set was two seperate boxes as well. If would be nice if they split them up eventually, but I wouldn't expect it.

13. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    From the looks of it, most people bought a SET of Shadow Warrior figures. Either to turn into their own Frenzy and Rumble (before PE releases theirs) or to mount on each shoulder of Shadow Commander.

Forcing those early adopters to purchase the backpack in addition to another warrior would suck.

It's a minor complaint, but a fair complaint. I got my two Shadow Warriors, and a Frenzy/Rumble...don't force another on us supporters.

Again, I love the mold, so if it ends up I have to buy another...so be it. But I think they've made enough money off the mold where now a little customer service should come into place. Hopefully they are sold separately...but I don't think the separate item numbers mean anything.

It looks to be a really cool addition either way, and I can't wait to own it. It's nice to have these third party options to fill in the dead spots in collecting actual Hasbro stuff. If any of you have skipped on the Warrior mold, I highly recommend it.

14. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    That's pretty nice.

What it is is an artillary pod that you can mount onto the Shadow/City Commander's trailer mode that goes along with the Shadow Warrior in gun mode.

It's second function acts as a backpack for the robot mode letting you store either 2 shadow warriors on it's back or the BFG and sword.

It basically eliminates the need to put aside the Shadow Commander's BFG and sword when not in use.

SDIT: Aaaaaand I am so late.

15. BraveMax

News Credits:
    Really? I could have sworn I'd seen them in a combined box...

I don't own them, though (got two Shadow Warriors instead), so... Guess I was mistaken?

16. VestigialHeart1

VestigialHeart1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would have been nice to know about all these Shadow Commander add-ons when I decided to cancel my pre-order for the armor set way back when.... One of the things I like about Shadow Warrior is that he displays just as well with Nemesis Prime sans armor. Unfortunately this demoltion set apppears to serve no purpose without the armor.

17. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice. I'll be picking this up for sure. I only picked up one Shadow Warrior and then Frenzy and Rumble... I had been considering picking up another Shadow Warrior (for Shadow Commander's other shoulder), but now I think I'll just pick up this slight repaint with the Demolitions pack (which will allow him to store his BFG and sword!). Very nice... I'm really enjoying Perfect Effect's little add ons for the Commanders here.

18. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Actually... I can dig it. I really like this thing. I just hope the mold isn't powder by the time they kick out this fourth guy.

19. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Entitlement? Piss off.

News Credits:
    So is this a reissue of Shadow Commander? And the R/F add-ons too? Me am confused.

20. Cloudraker

Cloudraker on auto-pilot

I really like this idea. It'll go alot better with Shadow Commander and the first Shadow Warrior like shown in the pics. Now, bring on a red, white & blue figure for City commander please!