PCC Repurposing

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LCDR Blindside, May 31, 2012.

1. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    What an oddity, the Power Core Combiners line. A bookend between HFTD and DOTM, a constant companion to Generations, and the first new mold combiners and Mini-Cons in years. Some hate them, others can't get enough of them, and the British get offended by them.

The question trasversing my head is the place these new-age combiners have in your collection. With a blend of Movie and G1 aesthetics, a sprinkling of Armada and Energon combination techniques, and a tenuously established position in the Movie universe, are they ever in one display? Classics? Energon? Mini-Cons adorning your Armada chaps?

Myself, I've never gotten my hands on a proper Bruticus. Luckily, the Bombshock and Combaticons set provides a nice stand-in as a big robot, excepting the obvious inaccuracies. However, Mudslinger fits more into the Movie aesthetic, and stands defending my junk pile of Movie parts now.

2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Heavytread for me is my "Classics" Brawl. He's chunky and blocky enough, and the head is a dead giveaway for Brawl. I went ahead and put a decepticon faction sticker over the Autobot one.

3. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

None of them are really repurposed in my collection, per se, but they do all belong to my 'unified' universe... which is G1-based with additional flavoring from other non-Animated, non-Prime continuities.

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heavytread is astonishingly Brawl-like. There are lots of different takes on Brawl in my collection though, and there's the FoC one coming. So he's his twin Autobot brother. Which makes me smile, because Floro Dery re-used Brawl's character model as a good-guy robot in MegasXLR.

I can't figure out what to do with most of the rest of them. Bombshock and Steamhammer are good-looking in combined mode. I don't actually like Huffer that much, which is a shame because I have him AND Crankcase. The Dinobots are meh. Smolder is ok and Chopster is a great accessory. But I have even more than that and they are just shrug-worthy. I overindulged on the line, clearly. And I want to like several of the Minicons but their transparent plastic makes them seem out of place with most other lines.

5. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I don't really divide my stuff that much. If it has a realistic alt and a non-anime face it's part of my main collection "universe" (incidentally an evolution of Movieverse; RotF Scouts, NEST, and HftDs really blurred the boundaries between other lines).

No one is repurposed or stands-in. Some supplement existing teams, though. For example, Sledge and Throttler are honorary Constructicons.

6. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Yeah, Heavytread is totally based off of Brawl, but then again, just about every green/beige tank is based off of Brawl. Too bad I never found Heavytread, though.

The only PCC I have is Bombshock and his Combaticons, which I have displayed with my various Classics/Universe/Generations Decepticons.

7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I've honestly never known what to do with most of my PCC's. I bought maybe half of them, just the ones I liked (and a couple I didn't... how hard up for a Transformers fix was I that I bought Bombshock and Searchlight, sheesh?). I don't really like re-purposing things, so I haven't done that. The only one I've actually assimilated wholeheartedly into another line is Leadfoot, who stands alongside my G2 Classics. That's not really a re-purposing, though, as he is essentially just there as G2 Leadfoot (albeit wearing different colors).

The others just sort of exist in the nooks and crannies of my collection shelves. I'll figure out a more satisfying use for them one of these days.

8. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    The only one I repurpose is Huffer as SG Oiler.

9. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    As for my PCC Collection I consider most of them as Classics but a few that fit more into the movie line category but they clearly are a great line.

10. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    ^ Same here, some look movie-ish and others are very generations-ish. I generally like them.

11. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    My bombshock and combaticons is my cyberverse bruticus. It scale better with cyberverse. I might get that 3rd party set.

12. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Smushed them into my Unicron Trilogy figures. (which for me are also smushed into my classics) all the characters have unique names except for Huffer. So, most are new characters with drones at their command. They fit with Energon pretty well if you think of them as an extension of the technology for Energon Prime's drones.

Also, I renamed Huffer "Powertrain"

13. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

before i got my generations cliffjumper i pretended smolder was cliffjumper. kinda silly i know

14. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I made them part of the Unicron Trilogy.

15. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just like to pretend that the Power Core Combiners are part of their own separate universe. PCC Huffer is the leader of the Autobots and PCC Crankcase is the leader of the Decepticons. Of course, I've swapped Icepick's minicon Chainclaw for Crankcase's Destron limbs.

It's actually sort of refreshing to have a Transformers line without a Megatron and Optimus.

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is what I did with my Huffer: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radic...s-huffer-pcc-huffer-wip.html?highlight=huffer

Leadfoot makes a neat Slapdash (though he's on the small side).

Other than that, I mostly bought what I did for the Minicons. Grimstone I just bought for fun.

Basically, Classics - Generations is my "catch-all" line, as it works for what is not movie stuff, Alts/BTS, RiD, or G1-G2. What I have left from Armada-Energon-Cybertron goes there as well as little odds and ends like any PCC guys I may have. Universe 2.0 is what really created that concept for me, since many of the molds I have were reused (Countdown, for example).

17. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I went by the tech specs and Windburn ended up being the highest ranking Decepticon, so I made him their leader. Three of the Autobots shared the same rank 8. I think it was Searchlight, Skyburst, and Grimstone. I think I made Skyburst their leader.

18. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good point. But since Huffer was one of the first PCC's to be released, and was a truck (like Optimus), I just went ahead and made him the leader based on those facts alone. Then when Crankcase came along, he looked like a pretty awesome evil clone of Huffer. So, I just figured an evil version of the Autobot leader would make for a great Decepticon leader. I made up some backstory about him being created by a Decepticon scientist. After his creation, he refused to take orders and be a follower, so he killed the original PCC Decepticon leader and took over to prove that, despite the fact that he's a clone, he's superior to Huffer in every way.

19. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    If I had to day, I'd say my PCC Autobots are lead by Stakeout. He's so bitching, like a mini-Magnus combined with Hot Spot. Crankcase leads my Decepticons, and Steamhammer is his right-hand man.

Steamhammer is the most hardcore combiner ever released, too. Suck this articulation, SDCC Bruticus.

20. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    You can never go wrong with a Dino Pope.

TFC's Iron Army would've been great for Heavytread but at $20 per limb, way too expensive