PCC Repaint ideas.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ORIO, May 10, 2010.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let's put on our homage hats and see what we can think of!

Huffer - Motormaster (Combined with a repaint of Rallybots they would make a nifty little team of mini-stunticons)
    Smolder - G1 Hotspot (Another g1 team member in need of a little update)
    Skyburst - G1 Misfire (I think that mold would look SMOKING in red)
    Sledge - Not too sure, but I think a lot of people would enjoy some G1 Constructicon colors.
    Leadfoot - easy. G2 Leadfoot colors!!
    Icepick - The only thing I can think of is white to resemble the G.I.joe Snowcat vehicle. Is... is that what that vehicle was called? Or am I just thinkin' of the Energon toy?
    Double Clutch - Someone mentioned it in the thread with his robot mode, WINDCHARGER.
    Mudslinger - Repaint him red and blue like his G1 colors but call him Gears :) 

I have no ideas for Searchlight or Bombshock... Maybe Bombshock in G1 Micromaster colors... but that's not too hot of an idea. Someone could probably do better!

discuss.

2. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Huffer - I was thinking RID Scourge/Nemesis Prime(Had some other ideas for a RID 10th Anniversary Botcon 2011 boxed set with that...) or RID Wreckerhook

Smolder - Yes, G1 Hotspot, or Hoist or Trailbreaker

Skyburst - He's already gray, so a black repaint would be too similar, so either Storm Jet/G1 Jetfire colors, or if Hasbro would do some chrome, a shiny silver deco might be cool... and a reference to the GI Joe Sky Raven.

Bombshock - a Camo pattern for RID Mega-Octane.... maybe best to go with the Urban/Arctic Ruination repaint color scheme: have that unified scheme for him and the limbs.

Searchlight - Go-bot Twinspin's the obvious one, could 'double homage' it with Twinspin & the GI Joe Tomahawk, both primarily tan

Sledge - Yes, G1 Constructicon colors seems the likely choice, otherwise maybe go for White or Red for a movie Constructicon or black as a crazy 'death machine'

Leadfoot - G1 Joyride or Slapdash(which would pretty much be G2 Leadfoot as well)

Icepick - Yep, the Joe vehicle & Energon figure were both called the Snowcat. So could do the U1 repaint of black with orange highlights or the GI Joe Snowcat repaint: The Tigercat, yellow with black stripes. Or perhaps go for a lot of translucent blue parts for an 'icicle' theme.

Double Clutch - Windcharger sounds nice, otherwise... it's a car... paint it whatever color and it homages something.

Mudslinger - Gears would be cool, or I liked Greaspit's gray with yellow highlights color scheme, or that Dirt Digger minicon monster truck had a nice deco that might look nice on a bigger figure. Maybe that'd be too similar though.

3. CyrDraconis

CyrDraconis Well-Known Member

Nulled - triple-post!

4. CyrDraconis

Nulled - triple-post! Sorry, dudes.

5. CyrDraconis

Just a couple thoughts, based on the first couple waves. What I'd love to see for repaints is switching factions and package deal - 'bot to 'con, scout + minicon to scout + drones, and vice versa. No idea if it's possible to mix the various drone sets, might be an issue.

As so many have already called, Decepticon Menasor with Stunticon drones out of Huffer and the Rallybots. Simple and a straight set of recolors.

Likewise, Autobot Hotzone with Protectobot drones, though this might prove problematic if the drones can't be mixed and matched in-set; Smolder with the Aerialbot news helicopter, the Combaticon jeep in a search-and-rescue deco, the Destructicon towtruck, and whichever Rallybot is needed for the fourth limb in a police deco.

Going the other direction, how about Autobot Groundshaker with Crosshairs, done from a blue Bombshock and a red Caliburst?

Or, Skyburst in black, with a dark-blue Chopster as Decepticon Windsheer with Slicer?

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    nice thread topic ORIO! i know we've been discussing options, but now we'll see what everyone else thinks... i'd love gears and windcharger, and assuming the limbs can be swapped, a menasor looking dude would be rad, and hotspot would be fantastic!

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Do want. Bugbite's group needs more Renegade buddies.

edit - after looking at both figures, not only do they have the same alt mode, but I feel their robot modes are similarly shaped as well, and even the head sculpt for that matter. It's such a close match, I now feel like I'll be disappointed if Hasbro doesn't do it XD

8. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I know I'd buy a Measor w/ Stunticon dones and Hot Zone w/ Protectobot drones in a hearbeat.

9. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Leadfoot into Jarguar. This may seem an odd choice seeing as how Jarugar was a Dune Buggy, but with every Liokaiser custom I've seen Mirage has been used. As for the reason I'm choosing such an obscure character it's because PCC's are essentially the Breastforce, they have little buddies who can form armor or a weapon. Whle he's not a Hind, you could argure for Searchlight into Deathcobra.

10. Squawktalk

Squawktalk Light cyclist

News Credits:
    ummm... I didnt see anyone say the obvious...

Huffer into Pipes?

Im surprised motormaster was said first...(no offense, that's a good idea...)

11. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love the Wreckerhook and Joe Tomahawk ideas!

As far as Double Clutch, his altmode just screams Windcharger to me.

Hopefully we'll get some kind of rescue combiner 5 pack in Wave 3. I could see it happening as Smolder doesn't really fit in with either of the Decepticon drones.

12. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i agree, Pipes could be cool... though i've got cybertron armorhide as pipes... and botcon huffer, so this huffer will get renamed... not sure who else he could be made into though...

13. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Motorhead (a better name for Motormaster,Menosaur sound more of a Gesalt out of his Legends and Black Rodimus Prime toys' bios) with Stuticon drones. (Repaint Huffer with Rallybots)
    Hotzone with Protectobot drones. (Repaint Smoiler with some Resuce vechiels)
    Mirage with Tubro.(Repaint Leadfoot with Smoiler's Minicon)
    Blackout with Strika. (Repaint Searchlight with Huffer's Minicon)
    Slipstream with Pathfinder. (Repaint/Retool Skyburst with Sledge's Minicon)
    Warpath with Demoslishor. (Repaint/Repaint Bombshock with Icepick's Minicon)

14. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Mix and match from Skybursts and bombshocks teams to give a new nexus prime/maximus. Not sure if you'd go with bombshock or some one else for the core body though.