Minor/Repaint: PCC Orion Pax to Optimus Finished.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Rumble02, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    OK here is the completed combiner. Some of the characters have changed and please keep in mind this is not G1 in anyway. We have ORION PAX, Bluestreak, Sandstorm, Mirage and Skydive. I have also learned im done repainting these small little limb bots, to many little bits and I dont have the right brushes to get the small details, also hate taking apart bits with springs and what not. My clear coat left a strange residue on parts of the figure( i think the paint got cold) but i actually like the look it gave them. LMK what you think.

BIO with updates.
    The battle of the PowerCore Combiners and the Coremasters was ravaging lands on both Earth and Cybertron. Megatron had not been heard from in several stellercycles Since the Arrival of Steamhammer. Optimus feared that ,even with the Dinobots, joined by Grimstone, the war was one that could not be won. Insanity was raging through the Decepticon PCC Unites as they hadnt perfected Powercore Tech before unleashing it. Optimus, bluestreak, Mirage, sandstorm, and Sky Dive began to work on a the new project when Mirage accidently dropped a core fragment causing an explosion. When the team awoke The autobots were stuck in Alt mode, But Prime had undergone a transformation. He looked younger, and didn't answer to Prime but referred to himself as Orion Pax. As the team tried to regain bot modes, Orion Pax rose into the air and began to change, the other bots began to attach to him. Each bot held a piece of Optimus Primes Consciousness and memory inside them. When Combined they formed a new Optimus Prime. Ready to join the battle, they await the return of Megatron, while trying to find a way to undo what has been done.

Bluestreak = Blue Streak was simply looking to help end the war and give every one some hope. He had even recently reformatted and thought the others would like his new look. Little did he know how much the team would need his upgrades just to survive. Bluestreak has given Optimus excellent marksmanship in combined mode.
    [​IMG]

Mirage = Mirage hates himself for what has happened, but he has given Optimus Prime the ability to become invisible for a short time in combined mode. Mirage has promised the other team nothing will stand in his way from undoing his mistake.
    [​IMG]

SkyDive = Skydive is just great-full to have survived the accident. He knows he can help the team both by scouting ahead in the air, and providing valuable feedback. When Combined he also gives the team and extra helping of endurance when under fire.
    [​IMG]

Sandstorm= Sandstorm lives for the thrills, and though he is upset about no longer being able to change into a helicopter, he is please that he has given the team the ability to merge 4 times faster than any other combiner. He has also given Optimus a bit of a wild side when it comes to the rush felt in battle.
    [​IMG]

Orion Pax= Orion truly feels guilty for not being able to remember things the way Optimus did. And he also feels sad his comrades have lost their robot modes. He does however give himself freely anytime the group must form Optimus because he knows that is his true form whether he remembers it or not. Orion secretly hopes when they find their cure he is given the chance to remain as he is and hand the leadership role to another bot. A bot he knows only as Magnus.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I have to say the bios of each character is cool and the rest well its amazing. Great job, Rumble02.

3. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Great job man, I love this.

4. Satan Santa

Satan Santa Knows you've been naughty

Idea: Awesome.
    Planning and choices: Good.
    Paint job: Terrible.

To be fair though, it could just be that your photography is good enough to show imperfections, and everyone else here takes more flattering shots of their stuff.

5. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

EPIC!
    I want to try something similar to this. ^_^

6. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

Conceptually, this is really nice (and beats the inevitable hail of Stunticon sets that are going to start hitting). The paint does leave a bit to be desired, mostly because you can see the insides of the limb vehicles.

On the other hand, I have no idea how hard it is to disassemble one of the PCC limbs - can't be terribly easy, though.

7. Rumble02

News Credits:
    As I have said This was fun but Painting the limbs was just ugh. to many little details, particularly the dune buggy. and the clouding of my clearcoat didnt help. Doubt Ill do any more limbs.

Santa, i do not considered your comments constructive.

8. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

The paint isn't even that bad, it doesn't really take away from how awesome this custom is.

9. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Having to paint scouts that small is definitely a pain to get the detail. It also doesn't help when some colors glob or adhere differently to the original plastic. Your Sandstorm is excellent, as is Mirage, and Pax.....oh man, I wish I could do this to my Huffer, but well, he's standing in as Huffer. I love, and I mean love, that trailer you have for the drones, as well as the back story you created. Even the Optimus head I didn't think would work, but in the combined mode it really does. I've seen your prior work, so I know you deliver good stuff, and I'd consider this good. Actually, I'd love to see what you could really do with more of the PCCs in that universe you've created.

10. rohrerprime25

rohrerprime25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    man this is sweet like ur idea really good one r u going to megs to that would be sweet lol

11. Rumble02

News Credits:
    Thanks for the kind words guys. and I know this is not my best work. but I do say I am glad I was able to get the trailer made

12. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I must admit, when I first saw your WIP for this, I wasn't really sure what you were aiming for. But now that I see it finished, and read your backstory, I love it! Such an original concept.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with the paint job, you're a brave man for tackling those drones. Keep up the good work :thumb 

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    B, honestly, I think so far this is simply a case of photography that I can tell right now. I'd simply recommend flooding your subjects with a bit more light, and look into your camera's settings just a bit more (micro setting, flash, etc.).

Is the paint work terrible? No way, especially since I have seen tons worse over the many threads that have been posted here. In my opinion, what separates you from other artists is that you'll take the advice others give you, and try your best to apply it to either your current work or another project down the road. I'm certainly not the only person who has seen you continue to grow and grow as an artist, in all of the skill sets we have to use here.

Another thing I see Rumble02 do continually that others (including myself at times) don't is that this guy will try absolutely anything on his work, if for nothing else, just to see if he can get it to work and have fun with it. This is one of the primary things I've respected with his work since the first day he's been posting here.

Keep it up, bud :thumb