Customs: PCC Minicon idea

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Had this idea earlier today (well...looking at the clock...yesterday, lol) and came up with a quick digi of what I have in-mind. Not sure if this will be possible, cause I don't own either one of these PCC minicon molds (yet), so if anybody has them and is willing to test it out for me, it would be a big help.

I'm assuming that roughly most of the ball joints used on the PCC minicons are approximately the same size, or at least, I hope they are. Basically what I want to do is take the torso of the Backwind/Beacon minicon and swap his legs and arms out for those of the Chainclaw/Bomb-Burst minicon (as can be seen in the bellow picture).

[​IMG]

Might wait for wave 5 to come out so that I can see how well the reds of Beacon and Bomb-Burst would work out. Not exactly sure what color scheme I'll go for with this guy, but red would be a good option if they match-up decently well. Not worried about an alt-mode, as my intention is to have him be a bot-mode only sort of assistant-bot.

opinions?comments?ideas?help with testing out the idea?

Attached Files:

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

It'll work. ;) 

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really wished we'd get some "booster" type packs of these PCC Minicons. I don't dig the PCC robots a whole lot, but I absolutely LOVE these Minicons. Fortunately, Rumble02 helped me out on getting some extra Minicons :) 

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Good to know, thanks. Will probably get Steelshot & Beacon next time I'm out at Walmart (Target still only has wave 1 of the 2-packs...). I'll probably just rename Steelshot as "Fallback" and put him with my Classics Autobots. Not at all interested in Salvage, so I might try and find someone who doesn't want his minicon...

Booster packs of just minicons would have been nice to see. I'm not a huge fan of the commanders either.

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I am. :) 

6. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

Steelshot is actually meant to be a homage to Micromaster Big Shot, IIRC.

(Hey, there's an idea for an upgrade kit - a single barrel and new head for Steelshot.)

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Nice. Never heard that before...

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Might just be me being tired, but I can't tell if you're saying that you're a fan of the commander figures, or if you're saying that you're someone who would be interested in getting rid of Salvage's minicon partner Bomb-Burst? (could also potentially be both, lol...I should be heading off to bed...).

Cool, didn't know that. I figured he was a homage to someone, but wasn't sure who. Though I'll probably stick with Fallback....nothing against the bot he's homaging or anything, I just like the name Fallback more than the name Big Shot......

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Fan of the Commanders. ;) 
    As yet, I don't have Salvage anyway, and don't even know if I'll get to see him over here...