PCC Double Clutch arms keep falling off!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SectorStar, Nov 3, 2010.

1. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    its suppose to connect, but it sucks, and cannot (at least on mine). I am told and given instructions as to how to fix it. But for that amount of work, I'd rather just unplug the balljoints. its barely noticable.

2. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Exactly! I had thought about that at first, but then I said to myself? For 15-20 bucks I shouldn't have to take something apart in a way it wasn't intended purposely just to get it to work right! After 45 mins I never once got the drones and arms and pegs connected successfully at the same time. I tried if with my Icepick and got it perfectly every time. Ironically, I never had one problem with any of the drones themselves popping off, (which was one of my main concerns and most common complaints I've read with the PCC line) just the arms they connected too on Double Clutch would not stay on for the life of me <_< I won't let this turn me away from the PCC line all together, don't worry. I LOVE my IcePick figure, and theres a couple other 2 packs I'd like to have as well. Bombshock is probably the only other 5 pack I'd consider getting right now, but maybe I'll just wait another month or however long the new Destron and other rescue one (too lazy to look up lol) is out. And, as I said earlier, I really have my heart set on getting the Dinobot and Constructicon ones if they're not plagued by something as horrible as Double Clutch. Normally I'm not too picky about QC issues, but just like I said, for the amount of money I paid for this it just wasn't worth all the frustration that came with it. Of my years of collecting TFs this will be only my second one I've ever returned to a store.

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I am not saying that though. I agree fully, that for 15-20 bucks it should be working. However, the fact of the matter is, it doesn't. So there is really three options aside from ranting about it:

1. return it/sell it off.
    2. Fix it via mods described around forums.
    3. Deal with it.

Personally, I like the mold, so I won't do #1. I like to be lazy, so I don't do #2. So hence I am gonna deal with it. However, complaining about the same thing won't really help. You can fix it, return it, or deal with it. There is already a thread in the transformers feedback thread about Doubleclutch's problem.

I suppose there is always a "right" to complain at Fandom.

On topic, Doubleclutch functions very well still as a

1. commander mode
    2. alt mode
    3. torso mode that doesn't move around too much and only for display

I am chill with that. Besides, the Rallybots are one of my favorite drone sets (so much so that I have 4 sets of them), and they are great to use with other bots like Leadfoot and huffer.

4. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

any one have problem with the red racer drone? the spring mechanism doesn't seem to work on mine; i have to manually pop the bottom of the car out for boot mode and manually pop it in to return to car mode, is it common?

5. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Mine does the same thing. I'm not even sure there is a spring in mine.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    This, found out the hard way. I suggest you find a huffer and give him the rallybots.

7. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    yes it is common; you have to manually transform the red drone for it to work properly.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'l wait for a single pack repaint of this guy thank you very much.

Is it also my imagination but they molds that aren't packaged with the drones seam to act sturdier combined with the drones than the molds they were designed for, Bought own commander 5 pack set which was bombshock, I swear he desgined well to combine with the drones.

9. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Double Clutch is a terrible figure. Mine has the same issue.

10. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I almost picked up Double Clutch at Target yesterday for $10,but decided against him and got Crankcase instead.I gotta admit that Crankcase is actually a pretty cool figure.No issues with him what so ever.

11. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Wow this thread is still alive? lol But yes, I got Crankcase as well a couple weeks ago and not one problem with it either, it really is a great figure! But going back to Doubleclutch, anyone notice how hes like the only main commander figure that hasn't got repainted in some way yet? Gee I wonder why <_<