PCC Double Clutch arms keep falling off!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SectorStar, Nov 3, 2010.

1. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

So after months of debating i finally made my first PCC purchase of Double Clutch/Rallybots and Icepick. I did some reading on the TF wiki and read about all the things that plagued him with the pegs and stuff. But I think I musta got one of those "newer" versions that it described because they don't seem to be that big of a deal. But my main gripe is the arms on Double Clutch keep coming off the ball joint! In commander mode its not such a big deal, but when I try to go to power up mode they keep falling off because of the pressure I gotta use to attach the drones? Is this a common thing with this figure or do I just have crappy arm ball joints? I really have my heart set on the Dinobots and Construticon PCC sets, but if all of them have weak joints like this I'm not so sure now.

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Of all the packs you could have picked as your first PCC, why would you go with the one that consistently has the most QC issues of any new Transformer figure?

3. cougarcat13t

cougarcat13t Man In Black!

Yeah mine does that too, fing irritating. just slap some clearcoat nail polish. Fixed mine up just nice!

4. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Double Clutch is awesome as a scout but as a torso he is terrible. The rallybots are good drones however. The rallybots look awesome combined with Huffer.

5. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Partially because all the stores got around here now is either him or Mudslinger. I read about Mudslinger breaking easily so I didn't wana risk that, and I did actually think the drones that came with Double Clutch were kinda neat.

6. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

Just pop the doors on first to the pegs, when the ball joints pop off then just pop them back on, after they pop.

7. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Yeah but that gets old pretty quick because the way the pegs are in power up mode you almost have to take all the pegs out of the head/torso to be able to pop them back on. Anyways I just tried with my Ice pick and that has a MUCH better fit and stuff. I do like the Double Clutch figure, just the arms are annoying, but no big deal, I'll just get a different commander for his drones.

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I would have recommended Mudslinger over Double Clutch.

9. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I hope thats just yours, cuz I havemt opened minr yet.

10. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Unfortunately I think it is most if not all because I found a review where someone else was complaining about the same thing and put up a mod for it here.

Yep, I wondered that too, it looked like it should had been able to lock but couldn't.

11. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

must be all of em mine constatly pops off at the slightest touch...ANNOYING AS ALL HELL!!!!

12. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Yeah I think I'm gonna take this back to Wal Mart this week, It's not that much fun, and for 15 bucks I'm sure theres a better PCC figure out there.

13. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't understand the mod... What's being filed? The black square pegs?

14. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    uh, just unpeg them from the balljoint, you don't need to file anything, and it doesn't really look bad either.

15. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Once you get all the drones on, I think Double Clutch is the best looking Combiner of the line so far. But sadly he lacks the playability that the line was made for because of his issues.

16. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    I bought Doubleclutch yesterday and mine has the same issue. The drones are the only thing good about him.

But don't let him turn you off to the five-packs completely. I recommend Bombshock.

17. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I completely agree. Bombshock is awesome and the combaticons are cool drones.

18. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

Skyburst with Aerialbots isn't bad, although they look much better on Searchlight. Huffer is also quite awesome, but you might as well get Crankcase which is a black repaint (and comes with Destrons drones, instead of a minicon). I'm not sure about Crankcase, but my Huffer's elbows have worn to such a degree that they hang limp now, although it's not a problem with truck and powerup mode (since they peg as shoulder pads or something), but his bot mode probably needs some stuff. Nail polish remover into the joints, I think, is what most people use.

Double Clutch may not be a great combiner, but he looks quite cool by himself (and looks great as a combiner if you just use him for display). The Rallybots are awesome, though (although you need to manually do the red leg drone) and iirc they are supposed to look really really nice when plugged into one of the other commanders, although I can't remember who it was offhand.

19. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Huffer. Rallybots + huffer looks nice.

20. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't want to unpeg them from the balljoint... I want to connect them securely the way they're intended to. The holes in the arms... ARE supposed to peg on the pegs behind him, right? In the instructions, it says something is supposed to connect... is it the square peg?