Customs: PCC/Cyberverse Menasor ideas

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by coinilius, Jul 28, 2011.

1. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

When I saw PCC Crankcase was such an obvious Menasor homage, I knew I had to pick one up to go along with the Rallybot drones to create a 'mini Menasor' for myself, which was fun (although I think Crankcase actually looks better with his pack-in drones), but not quite enough... so I got to trying Crankcase out with some DotM Cyberverse figures and this was the result:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He might look kind of sturdy in those pictures, but don't be fooled - currently he is being held together by nothing more than blu-tack and the power of positive thinking. It was the idea of using Skids and Mudflap as combiner arms that started me on this - even though they are only attached using blu-tack at the moment, I'm sure something could be worked on that would allow them to attach to Crankcase's combiner ports.

[​IMG]

The legs are another matter - he is just sort of resting on them at the moment, although Sideswipe has a pretty convenient gap in the back of his carmode that a PCC male plug fits rather neatly into... and with a bit of shaving down, I think Bumblebee's feet might be able to be made to grip a PCC plug as well.

[​IMG]

So what do people think? Any thoughts or ideas?

Attached Files:

• 032.JPG
      032.JPG
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
    • 031.JPG
      031.JPG
      File size:
      2 MB
      Views:
    • 015.JPG
      015.JPG
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
    • 028.JPG
      028.JPG
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
  2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Go PM Ramrider. He has working female PCC ports on sale in his Shapeways Shop. Alternatively, search for "Drawn-Steel Hero" on Shapeways directly. :) 

3. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is a pretty cool idea. Personally the cyberverse figs look better than those silly drones. Not to mention the arms look as tho they have elbow articulation now too no?

4. coinilius

Thanks for the suggestion, Treadshot - those look like they would be perfect for this :D 

They have some elbow articulation - certainly more than the PCC drones have!

[​IMG]

The transformation of the Twins allows them to fold in, so if he had shoulder articulation he could pull off some convincing poses with his arms. As a bit of an added bonus, Mudflap has some wrist articulation as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I HAVE THE POWER!" :D 

I had to Blu-Tack Scourge's sword in there as well, but I'm sure something could be found that fits into Mudflap's fist. Someone could probably mod Skids and Mudflap as well so there is a swivel at their groin area to allow for more articulation, though I don't think I'm up for that sort of modding just yet :p 

Attached Files:

• 097.JPG
      097.JPG
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
    • 096.JPG
      096.JPG
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
    • 098.JPG
      098.JPG
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
    • 095.JPG
      095.JPG
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
    • 099.JPG
      099.JPG
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
  5. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd almost go as far as saying you shouldn't bother painting Mudflap/Skids... maybe change the streaks and heads, but leave em mostly black... they look pretty damn good on him.

6. coinilius

I was actually thinking the same thing - sort of like Stealth Menasor lol Maybe find another silver/gray figure to replace the Bumblebee leg as well and go for a unified colour scheme (black arms, silver legs) - plus it would mean less work :D 

7. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

oh man, I hadn't even thought of that! (I was planning on doing a legends Puzzler using Skids and Mudflap as arms, though).

That's really really cool and I may have to gank it one day.

8. coinilius

Gank away :D  I'm sure someone else would do a better job of it than me anyway lol

That legends Puzzler sounds like a great idea too - hope you do get it done as I'd love to see it!