PCC Bombshock and combaticon drones

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Deceptigtar, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here is the pictorial review for Powercore Combiners Bombshock and combaticon drones.

Bombshock is one of the PCC figures that actually will come packaged with their corresponding drones. The combaticon drones seem to look best with Bombshock, but as we have seen can be placed on any of the other basic sized figures in the PCC line.

There are 4 drones that come with Bombshock. 2 arms and 2 legs. The drones only "transform" into limbs, no robot modes. Once again an idea similar to Energon Prime and the ROTF Supreme Devastator. All the drones do have minicon ports. I assume as the line progresses, the minicons that come with the single packed basic sized figures will be able to placed on a variety of drones allowing endless combination's.

Bombshock can also port a minicon on his double barrel turret on his back. It seems so far that those figures with drones do not use the power up armor mode as those that are going to be packed with a minicon do use the minicon as the armor. One thing I dont like is the allspark blue showing with the pegs in alt. mode and bot mode. These pegs are not nearly as well hidden as they are with Smolder. They just kind of stick out there.

My other complaint are the leg connectors. You have the peg that extends out but placed on a moving piece. Its not like with Smolder where the peg is one piece. So when you see the leg drones attached, there is that other piece which creates that small gap between the drone limb and Bombshocks legs.

You will also see there are a few different ways you can transform Bombshocks legs. Early photos show the legs forward with the top of the vehicle of Bombshock showing. But while playing around with him I believe they are supposed to be turned around and clipped into the waist. The pictures will show the different ways you can pose the legs to your liking.
    Also official Hasbro photos now show them with the legs turned around...
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...er-5-Pack-Combaticons-combined_1266124996.jpg

I have also provided different combination's using two sets of drones. Hopefully they will release this set of drones on their own as some of the double combos do look pretty nice.

Drones:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bombshock:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Combined:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Combos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

so sad...i had hopes for this line....the all spark blue blocks on the arms just kill it....and the fact that he is only 4 inches it looks taller than a scout also kills it....

3. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    GREAT pictures! Cant wait to nab this guy!

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the review buddy! Lookin' forward to this line.

Also, do you mean Energon Prime? That was the one with the drones

5. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    haha yeah energon, whoops.

6. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review! Sadly, these PCCs are not enticing me to get them in any way.

7. gericault

gericault Well-Known Member

Nice review - thanks! Sure these figs are just...odd, in comparison to previous TF offerings. "Drones"? What, they couldn't make, ya know, small TFs that would have transformed as well? Right, cause they've never been able to do that before!
    On the other hand, it's kind of nice to have smaller sets, if only for repainting/customizing.
    At this scale, repainting can be done quickly and look cool!
    I'm actually looking forward to this one, despite the disappointments.

8. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    This guy looks awesome. I like the way you have the legs transformed in the first picture a lot more than the official way. Looks a lot less spindly.

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice review. These PCCs grow on me even more every time I see them.

10. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I really wanted to like these guys but they 're just not doing it for me. Plus, the return of Allspark Blue as well as those pegs.

Looks like Has bro can have a certain gimmick on smaller toys (proper shoulder cannons) while the bigger ones don't get them. See Animated Blitzwing.

11. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The pegs are bothersome and the vehicle modes are ok, but it looks GOOD combined. Also it looks wonderfully fun for fidgety people like me.

12. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    oh well. i will get one though.

13. CyrDraconis

CyrDraconis Well-Known Member

Looking good on this one, too. Wish the missile-carrier drone's turret turned; looks a little goofy with the big rockets pointing out to the side, but eh.

14. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ill pass on this one, doesnt seem to have elbows or knees

15. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This looks so cool, I'm really looking forward to Power Core Combiners.

16. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great review, they are not for me though. He looks good combined, I just wish articulation was not hampered by the automorph.

17. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Wow, these are going to come out really soon. Seems like yesterday I was staring at the Toy Fair pics..... It'd be nice to nice the nice packaging of the PCCs instead of the ROTF packaging that I got bored with.

Anyway, I'll probably pick this up. I love combiners, and I also lolve that every PCC you buy, it'll add to another PCC.

Good Review! :thumb 

18. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    That's my only complaint as well. I assumed that when they announced combiners with drones for limbs, that the reason they weren't doing robot modes is because they wanted to make the limbs actually serviceable. But, it didn't really turn out that way. I mean, I look over at my Classics Devastator, and I use both of the front-loaders as the arms, and their elbows are better than these.

Having said that, the PCC line is still, surprisingly, one of the things I'm looking most forward to this year.

19. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Decepticon PCC's are the real winners for me so far. btw, does anyone other than me feel the 5-pack Commanders were designed with the chest mode in mind first?

20. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i can't wait for this line to drop... these figures look like so much fun... and i like the limbs when they're combined and the same... he looks really cool with the tank arms... i can't wait to mix and match these limbs between the figures... also i really think the snap out gimmick will be fun at first, but articulation would be nice... oh well... still can't wait...