Minor/Repaint: PCC Artfire

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by KnightHawkke, Apr 22, 2011.

1. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Well, I finally got the space I needed to work and completed my very first (successful to a displayable degree) custom!

I present for your approval PCC Artfire!

I used various Testers paints (which I am not going to use again till I can get all model masters..The paints I had on hand at the time were a too thin so they kinda gave me hell at some points, lesson learned.) Added a few Reprolabels Autobot emblems to the arms for more color.

Did a large portion of parts swapping between Smoulder and Stakeout. and *Temporarily* using PCC Huffer's Targetmaster/Minicon until I can decide what more... interesting weapons system I can devise for him down the road. ( I know the alt mode looks rather.. disjointed in it's color scheme, but this is Artfire after all and well, I wanted to stay as true to the original as I could :wink:  (not pictured the vents in the back of the torso are also painted silver)
    Oh yeah, and when I do get practice in wheel removal I am going to go paint the inner wheels red as well, slipped my mind till now.

The Legs in robot mode were a problem due to mold you can't have both a white cab and fully red legs, sometime in the future I will go back and devise a scheme to work more red in there, but for now I am pleased with it. Without further adieu, Artifre!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(still getting used to my new phone camera, so apologies for the slight blur)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Never even thought of that, lol.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Wow, this is the worst custom EVAR!

Hehe, you've done some good work here, buddy! I think the concept itself is very inventive, and you've done well, especially for your first time!

Now, make MOAR! :) 

4. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    You're right, it looks a bit odd in 'bot mode, but that alt mode REALLY pulls it off. Great work buddy!

EDIT: also that white is DAMN sharp. It's really hard to get it to look so good - kudos!!

5. KnightHawkke

I thought of that the moment I saw smoulder and stakeout side by side!

Thanks! I got my next project planned, but need new supplies so it's gonna take a while

I thought the botmode looked as good as it could be for the mold lol.

The white is just part of the parts swap from Stakeout, so I can't take credit for that, although I did change the shade of blue in the highlights and changed the crotch plate from light blue to silver. I took all the light blue parts of the arms and legs I could and switched them with with the black from smoulder, (and repainted the face from gold and red eyes to silver and blue eyes) You should see the mess of a bot left over from the parts swapping :lolol 

6. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Please?

I personally think he looks great as-is, though wonder if by painting the blue lightbar red might bring the colorscheme together?

7. KnightHawkke

Artfire's lights are blue, wouldn't have it any other way :)  (One thing I do need to do in the future is get rid of Stakeout's color stripes on the doors and paint the correct Japanese letters on the side, but gotta get some new brushes :( )

[​IMG]

When I get more practice I will revisit this and perfect it :wink: 
    ----
    I present Franken PCC (red arm was an experiment trying out wheel taping and working around the ball joints and such.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  8. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

GreatJOB!

9. Bulkhead

Bulkhead Autobot General Counsel Veteran

News Credits:
    Great work!! I think the color choice for both the red and the white are spot on. The figure comes together nicely. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

10. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    all things consider, you did an amazing job, lad, amazing!

11. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pretty darn good for your first attempt!! :thumb 

In bot mode the red shoulder "stacks" seem a bit overwhelming, but in alt mode he's beautiful!! Actually could see that autobot on my shelf!! :thumb 

Franken PCC may be a wip..but another nice start there too!! Keep'em coming please!! :D 

12. KnightHawkke

Thanks!

Artfire's arms are really red top to bottom, I decided for now to leave the forearms black.
    Franken pcc is just leftovers, soon to be the guinea pig for learning to remove wheel pins with a soldering iron so I can get in there and properly paint Artfire's rims red.

Probably should have put like 90% done in the title lol.