PC Vid Card/Monitor help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DevilzFan, Mar 9, 2007.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Alright, been googling for hours, and I can't find shit to help me. Hopefully someone here can.

Yesterday I bought an ATI Radeon X1950 Pro. It's got dual DVI outputs. Today I bought a new 20" Widescreen High-Def monitor. It's got both VGA and DVI imputs.

So I'm looking to use my old 19" Widescreen LCD monitor as a 2nd monitor. Now, I know how to set this up. Done it before, doing it now. My problem is, I can't get it right.

I can't get the new monitor to work with the DVI cable. To get it to work, I have to use the DVI/VGA adapter, and plug the DVI cable from the Radeon to the VGA adapter and into the VGA port on the monitor. I can't get it to work straight from the DVI output on the graphics card to the DVI imput on the monitor.

*edit*

After screwing around, I can get it working, but not how I want. I have the old one set as monitor 1, and the new as monitor 2. I can't seem to get that switched around. If I just unplug the 2 cables on the back of the graphics card and switch them, I get 2 blank screens. Nothing. It'll only work with it being the opposite of how I want it. Grrr.

Anyone know a fix, or what I can do to get the new monitor as #1, and the old one as #2?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Problem solved. I'm an idiot and it took me this long to remember to uninstall the old monitor first in device manager...

3. BetaSword

BetaSword Well-Known Member

Err, wasn't there a way, when u use the Desktop-Properties?
    As far as i know, u can always select the primary Monitor there!

Wouldn't that be much easier, than uninstalling, reinstalling?