PC Version - FPS UNLOCKER [by Psych] (Now you can get 60 fps+)!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Cyclonus86, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Cyclonus86

Cyclonus86 Wrecker - Wreck 'N' Rule

News Credits:
    Not sure if this has been posted but PC gamers might have heard that the FPS for the PC verion of WFC is locked at 30 fps. Well not anymore,Thanks Psych here's TWFC FPS Unlocker.

TWFC_FPS_Unlocker.zip

How does it work?
    Open the program and leave it open. Then load T:WFC. Make sure NUMLOCK IS ON. Then, press 0 on the numpad to toggle between capped and uncapped FPS

Also Pluberus has made a guide for customizable Keys ( A 3rd Party Work Around)

Customizable Keys (3rd Party Work Around) - Steam Users' Forums

Credits and thanks to Psych and Pluberus for their work and shame on you High Moon for neglecting us PC users and giving us a lazy port.

2. alfa_gta

alfa_gta Active Member

Jups this rulez !

3. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    The PC editions are never more than a port when its developed across multiple platforms. Why would they cut into their profits by having to develop a separate PC version, increasing cost and workload, when the game is just as fun?

I've played it on the PC and it plays the same as the console, so what's the fuss? Honestly, PC gamers are lucky to even have this game, not to mention its a full 20 dollars less for the same gaming experience that's on the consoles.

I also don't really see how the extra frames will dramatically affect the gameplay. In fact, I seriously doubt that there isn't a good reason they locked it at 30. But kudos on the PCs first mod.

4. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can we get these threads merged?

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-war-cybertron-discussion/311153-pc-fps-unlocker.html

Anyway, for alot of PC games the 30 fps limit is visually VERY distracting on a decent monitor and frankly a waste of the hardware's resources. If you have spent £££'s on a decent rig you want silky smooth graphics and the best gfx at the highest res you system can support. I don't want to be able to see every indiviual animiation frame thanks.

If these things are not important or not noticeable to someone they should honestly go and buy a consol version.

5. Cyclonus86

Cyclonus86 Wrecker - Wreck 'N' Rule

News Credits:
    No offense but clearly you haven’t played Fallout 3,Mass Effect 2 , Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Bioshock which were all multiplatform games that took full advantage the of the higher graphical capabilities of the PC such as higher resolutions, higher textures and other graphical options. Those games also benefited from the capabilities of adjusting and reconfiguring shortcuts keys on the keyboard.I don't see a reason why we should be lucky to have it on PC the since Epic designed the Unreal engine to be very versatile to be able to run on the PC or console , along with taking full advantage of it's capabilities of either ones.

60 FPS vs 30 FPS really does make a huge difference. Higher FPS means better frame rate which improve the overall performance of the game. Therefore the movement feels smoother, faster and a lot less labored. They probably locked the frame rate to make the performance same with console counterparts .Also most PC user who are used to playing with 60+ fps, it's becomes easy to notice the differences at a lower frame rate.

Like i said it's lazy port, not a bad port. High Moon should have at least given us this features, not having to make it ourselves. It doesn’t help that they also encrypted all xxx.files so that the PC user can’t mod anything.

6. sparty2304

sparty2304 Active Member

Ok I am seeing something odd...I ran this once...and it works great...

I rebooted to be sure but now I dont even have to run it and I am getting over 60FPS...

7. alfa_gta

alfa_gta Active Member

how do you guys measure the FPS ? hidden commando ? :p 

8. sparty2304

sparty2304 Active Member

Xfire does it...

9. Kranix

Kranix Banned

i use fraps

10. alfa_gta

alfa_gta Active Member

Ah oki, tnx for the tip;) 

11. alfa_gta

alfa_gta Active Member

60fps with v-sync on seems to be the limit, and v-sync of it goes 120fps on a radeon hd5850
    -> I compared it on both nvidia card (gt250) and there seems no diff with PhysX ???? :s

12. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    That's because V-Sync automatically caps your frames per second at the refresh rate of your monitor.

13. ganondorf2002

ganondorf2002 Member

Just out of curiosity, does this break multiplayer. That's where I would like to see the fps fixed. Solo mode doesn't really bother me.

14. alfa_gta

alfa_gta Active Member

it works in multiplayer ;)  120+ frames:p 

15. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Oooo, coolio! Thanks for this.

Though I wonder if it'll make any difference for my system...I had a few areas in single player where the framerate was very choppy, so my system may not be up to the task.

16. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The FPS unlocker I shall definitely check out, but I actually like how the keys set up. It very similar to how I play any PC game.

17. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

How can you check your FPS in Xfire? I wish there was a command in game to check cause I'm not sure it is working.

18. sparty2304

sparty2304 Active Member

In Xfire, log on to your xfire client and then start the game.

When the game starts do Scroll lock - x and look in the lower right.

DONE