PC How will you play? And prefered content delivery?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Deadend, Jun 13, 2010.

?

What Content Delivery method do you prefer?

1. Steam (Achievements potentially as well as DLC and a communication system among players)

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Games For Windows Live (Achievements and DLC ease as well as communication system)

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Other Provider not listed. (Please say what they can bring to the table.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. High Moon should do it through their own website or Character expansion pack boosters.

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    What controls do you plan on using and or sound video layout?
    ---------------------------------------

Like me personally, I'll be playing a couple different ways until I find the one most comfortable and fitting for maximum character interaction.

All of these will include a 19'' wide screen monitor with an 7.1 speaker setup

Setup 1: Nostromo N52 handpad, and 5 button scroll mouse. The mouse will be set for grenades, transform, fire, melee (if like halo or fear ease of swap), Scroll for weapons, and button open for remaining options that fit. The N52 pad will handle walking, jumping crouching, extended various tools too.

Setup 2: Dual analog joypad. May help give the illusion of console playing more comfortably in a bean bag chair when doing campaigns.

Setup 3: Wiimote, a bluetooth compatible adapter, and macros set to the buttons and commands to simulate wii-mote and nunchuk usage as keyboard mouse similiar to gamepad. Also need a wireless sensor bar. (don't worry it doesn't hook up to the pc for data, that's all in the wii mote.)

For me, I figure one of these 3 ways will take effect for most effiency for online MP too. So eventually, this is either how I'll be fraggin ya, or getting fragged if you play against me lol.

As for content delivery, after looking over steam and Games for windows live, I'm starting to see the draws to them. Offering ease of updates and DLC, as well as giving the gamers a way to communicate.

2. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    Steam is a pain in the ass for me a lot of times. Playing via MW2 via them can be a true headache. I'd like to see High Moon distribute any future DLC content via their own website, just like Bioware does with theirs.

My monitor is a 22" wide screen, and as for controls I'd prefer to use an XBOX 360 gamepad, which I use to play a lot of my PC games (especially 3rd person games with), but if WFC isn't configured for it then I'll just use my Logitech G500 gaming mouse and keyboard.

3. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Steam for me, I'm not a big fan of the GFW Live interface. It just feels too much like a port of the old 360 dash board, whether or not that's the reality of GFW I dunno. Steam just feels much more natural and intuitive.

Control wise its gotta be mouse and keyboard or bust.

4. Kenji

Kenji Well-Known Member

Steam is the best content delivery service out.. to bad there looks to be absolutly no plans for it going digital download.

5. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    The nice thing about Games For Windows live is the large userbase too though.
    It could also let the 360 players fight the pc players in theory too. It also offers ease of content delivery of all cost, even free.

Steam has a better layout and look, plus I love the ability to add non steam games to it. It also has the expansion aspects of content from cost to free, and a better buddylist interaction.

They are about the same except for those two key factors (appearance and console vs) besides amount of content.

GFWL has minimal content.
    Steam has a ton, plus all the ones you add.

I kinda wish GFWL would also make the friend system easier.

Sadly, if the current packaging is any indication, the game will be neither. It'll be some kind of internalized server choice system. Unknown on friend system within the game itself to contact people playing. This still leaves the option of adding it to steam though manually for that ease.

6. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For me it'll be the same domination as all other games. Dell XPS M1530's standard P/S2 keyboard + Num Pad + Logitech MX Revolution w/ UberOptions for grand total of 18 programmable macros.

7. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Steam peaks at about 2.5 Million players online simultaneously nearly every day, so I don't think userbase would be a problem for it either.

If anything it might show up on Steam months after the fact, Activision knows they can make mulah via digital distribution there, otherwise it wouldn't put games up there. That being said, 3rd party games delivered via steam can still use their own private server or match making systems, completely side stepping the usual Steam server browser stuff.

8. Kenji

Kenji Well-Known Member

GFWL doesnt have a large user base at all... you cannot count every account created so they can play a game that requires it.