PC Graphics

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lateralus, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

Alright, someone over at gamespot posted PC graphics at the max and it looked gorgeous. My version I bought you cant change the texture of the graphics, it looks PS2 level. Is he full of shit and posting console pics? And what's with the voice repitition glitch.

Pretty fun though, minus the lame controls.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    link to image?

maybe your computer just isnt up to spec.

3. Lateralus

My computer does not decide the ammount of detail the game generates.

But w.e, it plays better on lower settings.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    ... link to image?

5. Lateralus

6. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    The million dollar question is, of course, what are your computer specs?

If you have an AGP 64mb video card and a 2ghz Celeron processor or something, I wouldn't be surprised if the graphics on your machine aren't up to snuff.

Also, yes, graphics cards DO determine what something will look like on your computer, re: detail, lighting, shadows. Even if you think you can max it, there are some things older cards simply wont do.

7. MaximusCrime

MaximusCrime Active Member

So... That means the PC version is out too! :rock 

*waits for mail order to arrive*

8. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:

Yes...this is correct..Your graphics adapter DOES determine the quality and detail of the image...Things to look for...

Does it have Open GL
    Does it Have Hardware and Software shading...Does it have vertex shading...Does it have 3d acceleration...etcetera etcetera...your graphics card and RAM plus processor speed(well performance based on level of detail anyway..) determines the look of the game...Now if they just made the game shitty and all your settings are maxed out..then thats another story..

However, (and this goes to show just how much of a nerd I am) If you have ever played World Of Warcraft...and looked at the video options you will notice all the settings to make the render better or worse depending on how you want the game to perform...(range, level of detail, reflectivity, buffering options etcetera) all this will effect the level of detail and performance of the game...I.E usually the higher level of detail the slower frame rates or game play will be slowed..unless you got a mac daddy graphix adapt.....I do...but I still suck at modeling...Huh...who knew....

:drunk 

9. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
    My 4 years old PC can run the hi-rez option. Tho I had to turn down all the AA, Bloom and Blur but everything else is on max. The game runs ok but can be slowish sometimes. and YES the game DOES look like Xbox360 or the PS3 tho you need a pretty good PC to run it so that the graphics look smooth. If anybody needs screenshots I can post them. Im currently playing as Barricade

10. Lateralus

I have a 128mb Geforce FX 5200 with a 2.0 Ghz Processor. It can play some games pretty well with high graphics.

I thought the settings weren't automatically determined and only could be manually changed....

11. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I've got an Opteron 185 Dual Core (2.6Ghz) and a BFG7800 GS OC. Hopefully it runs well on my machine. I haven't had any recent stuff that wouldn't.

12. cptpain

cptpain Well-Known Member

most PC games by default will adjust setting for the best balance of frame rate and detail, and most will make settings much lower than what your graphics card can handle

13. autobotguy

autobotguy Well-Known Member

I'm running an Opteron 165, 2gb PC3200, 7900GT and everything looks outstanding. You have to use Rivatuner to crank up your anti-aliasing a bit and to actvate FSAA. My only problem is I can only play the game for about an hour before the game freezes up. Plus, if I restart the game, it freezes up instantly. I have to reboot my computer to play it again. I never have any problems with all of my other games. :( 

14. Optimus Matt

Optimus Matt Well-Known Member

my pc looks similer to throws screenshots but when i turn the fsaa on it automatically disables shadows. and i also have that sound repeating thing hope a patch comes out soon to fix the sound.