PC Gamers Got ROBBED!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Kranix, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Try this link.

2. sparty2304

sparty2304 Active Member

Perfect thanks! I knew I had seen that somewhere.

3. Kranix

Kranix Banned

the thing that i dont like is the unreal engine 3 and all previous versions were first developed for pc gaming, secondly being all games were developed and released at the same time why do ps3 and x360 get games made for their hardware yet we get a port?

as a coder, programmer and major ut3 mod developer myself i have been working hard with several tools to decrypt this game and start making mods for it. i want us to have more maps, characters, maybe new weapons, and a boss arena to fight larger transformers like omega and trypticon. i dont know if combiners can be done, but if any of you ever saw the transformers mod for unreal tournament 2004, i had a big hand in its developement, so once this gets cracked open, expect big things (including a way to prevent cheating mods, this game is too fun to cheat)

also i put in a call to High Moon today, but due to time zones had to leave a message. we will see if they give me a call back. if i do i will ask permission to record and transcribe the call.

4. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    This is the funny thing. Me and my roomie are always joking about how all games are crafted on PCs first for proprietary hardware (360 and PS3). Yet, the PC version of multiplatform games tend to get the shaft. :lol  It's incredible.

5. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't see why anyone is surprised that games like this are ports. There is absolutely no incentive for developers to make the PC version a priority when releasing a home console version. They know the game will be pirated to hell, sales will be relatively low compared to the console versions and if they try and prevent piracy, they will get shit on by the gaming media.

6. Chevluh

Chevluh Well-Known Member

"crafted on PC" is not nearly the same as "crafted for PC". It's kinda like wondering why you can't drive races with a car assembly machine. Don't mistake the tool for the support, even if some cases the tool happens to be a good support too.

7. Kranix

Kranix Banned

funny, xbox 360 games are the highest pirated out there, almost outnumbering pc games 3 to 1

8. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Source on that? Those seem like incredibly low figures for PC. Or nobody on the planet buying 360 versions.

You also need to consider the sales in general for each platform.
    Multiplat games generally sell way more on consoles than PC, thats just the way it happens. Sure there are exceptions, but its hardly frequent.

Even if by some huge miracle people dont pirate the PC copy, they still wont sell more than a few thousand copies for a niche game like this. Why waste resources you could use polishing the versions you know will sell the best on the inferior port.

9. Chevluh

Possibly (though I doubt it, since there are no hard stats on pirated games), but it's not the amount of games pirated that counts but the number of games sold, and console games routinely outsell PC games.

10. Kranix

Kranix Banned

this too is kind of wrong. one game multiplatform may outsell another, but pc games overall sell more thanks to games like wow and other mmos, also the fact we dont see it in retail numbers thanks to digital distribution ( steam, impulse, ea downloader, etc.). but i am sure this game in particular sold far more on consoles than pc, but well hope steam has a sale.

11. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    That makes me wonder more about how crappy their setup is that pirates can play online.

When every game I've ever bought has that simple protection for online. Whether it's FEAR, CS, Jedi academy, UT, or otherwise. No real DRM needed either.

That's not to say I think WFC isn't without its faults though, but honestly it's nothing that can't be ironed out over time like any other game has done.

360 pirates can't play online either, well they can, but it's risking a permanent ban to do so.

For the replay factor, yes online in wfc is a strong component, between co-op, prime mode, and the other aspects, it's stronger than the campaign that was marginally short overall.

12. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I don't think anyone got "robbed", if it's just a port of the console game then so be it.
    You can't expect it to be that much better just because it's on the PC, take the game for what it is and enjoy it. Or don't but don't belittle the console versions because you're unhappy.

I know the whole PC vs Console debate blah blah blah but really, I'm sorry the game isn't a special deluxe version on the PC but that doesn't make it bad either.

13. Kranix

Kranix Banned

we arent saying it is bad by any means, but we didnt get pre-order bonus characters, and may not get dlc (we will see though)

14. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Source please. Even a 'HE TELL ME' would be appreciated.

15. Kranix

Kranix Banned

go on any torrent site, search for a game that is pc and x360 by just name. youll find 500 versions of the x360, and 3 or 4 pc. plus think of the fact of the hundreds of games that come on the x360 and not pc. also the fact that i at one time was making a living ripping games.i have been in the games industry in one form or another for well over 20 yrs - not as a developer of games or as a game stop employee - as a 3rd party addon developer, worked for nvidia developement, and unfortunately a proffessional pirate for a time. so i am a direct source. all the xbox 360 needs is an xecutor chip to run copied games (or their variants)

16. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Cool, no source. Just opinion. Alright back to playing multiplayer.

17. Kranix

Kranix Banned

whatever, guess i cant be a legitimate source previously being part of the problem... guess you wont use a torrent search engine to get quick verifiable proof. why not use this thing called google and look it up for yourself instead of depending on everyone to provide things for you, we are not your mommy and daddy

but here is your proof lazy boy what is pirated more xbox 360 or pc - Google Search

now if you look at the most pirated games of 2009 link in there youll find xbox 360 and wii have more then pc...so stfu

18. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Who are these six characters you speak of?

19. Chevluh

The three well-known pre-order characters, Shockwave, Jazz and Demolishor, plus three others: Scattershot, Deadend and Zeta Prime, who indeed all have playable character files in the data directory.

You mean That link? Cause it says the exact opposite, that PC piracy is five times as big as 360 piracy. Get your reading glasses next time.

20. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Reality called, it says "hello".

Seriously, you are delusional if you think 360 games are approaching the level of PC piracy. Even the Wii is easier to to pirate for than the 360.