PC Gamers Got ROBBED!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Kranix, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Kranix

Kranix Banned

first off we got a crappy port, when we should have more options then underpowered consoles. then we get no pre-order bonuses (i wouldnt have bought the damn game except on consoles then). then they go encrypt everything so people like me cannot make custom levels and characters to make up for the lack of preorder bonuses. i am almost positive if there is any dlc content, we wont get it. because of this there arent many pc gamers online. anyone else share my feelings?

2. Skyjack

Skyjack Well-Known Member

Well atleast that cuts down on the number of kids we will run into on the PC version AMIRIGHT?

I searched through all the files last night, and a buddy of mine from Transformers Quake 2 conversion was telling me that the files were encyrpted pretty solid....however he also said because they know that now means they are that much closer to busting it open. Not for malicious purposes more along the educational route as you suggested.

3. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    New games take time for a toolset to be made.

You don't think GTA3 came out at the same time as img tool?

Granted it's not as easy as basic unreal or quake, but hey, that doesn't mean it won't happen eventually.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Well, the practicalities of PC games means this kind of thing happens or you get the worst DRM to fuck up your shit.

Take your pick of two devils.

Add to that the fact that PC piracy is so incredibly easy and... welp, there's your answer on why you get half assed ports from most companies these days.

5. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    PC piracy happens mostly on games without a strong online component.

Since a good chunk of the replay factor here is the MP. Piracy is kinda moot, especially since pirated versions can't go online.

6. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

I'll take my graphics over the 360 and PS3 any day.

I'm lucky to have just purchased a console in addition to the PC, so I'll be picking this up for the 360. That way I can have more folks online for the MP, as well as access to any future DLC.

7. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    The only reason I'd get this on the PC is if a modding community developed around it.

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I think inferring that WFC's online is component "strong" is being somewhat generous. Especially in the PC marketplace where there are at least half a dozen better online games I can rattle off right now without even thinking about it.

When even stuff like Modern Warfare isn't free from pirates playing online what makes you think WFC is?

9. Skyjack

Skyjack Well-Known Member

Well what I was speaking on was hearing about people wanting to develop an audio mod that turns the sounds to classic g1 stuff.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't if it means the complaints above. And as far as other games, I have yet to be so impressed that it makes it worth getting robbed, as it were.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  11. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    My roomie is a graphics whore, and has an extremely powerful rig. So there are some definite visual enhancements on PC versions. And he is also a champion of PC gaming, he'd always get the PC version regardless. That said, he absolutely loves WFC right now. I have yet to here him complain about anything, and I always hear it if something is wrong.

Me, I'm more in the same boat as Prowl. I wanna support this game as much as possible. And I definitely will pick up the PC version, so long as there is support and not totally ignored like ROTF was on PC.

12. graymer

Pretty much my sentiments exactly. I built my PC around 7 months ago with top of the line components, and this game is visually stunning. Much like your roommate, I have no complaints about the game.

From what I'm hearing, lots of players on the consoles are complaining about hosts rage quitting, etc. I have been playing online MP since day one, every night, and have only had 1 person drop the game. I'd much prefer this compared to what I'm hearing from the 360 crowd.

13. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ive got the pc version and got a good graphic card and a good lg full hd tv..

the game itself the missions is slow when you run around but online in death match its fine.?

mind im just getting used to the controls with different buttons for reloading ect..

and just a hr ago there was around 1000 online with the game..

14. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you got pc game and want a death match look for myself

id Figsdad...

15. graymer

I have no issues with my PC slowing in either the solo campaign or any MP versions.

16. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

-High Moon has said they want to get the exclusives to the PC players in some way.
    -These are pretty stand-up folks (or have fantastic PR with TF fans :D ). If the PC community is vocal enough to High Moon, they may look into fixing some of these issues.
    -PC ports almost ALWAYS get the shaft when it comes to this kind of thing. It sucks, but it isn't something new. It's far easier and efficient to port right from the consoles. It's not the worst though. I played Borderlands on the PC, and that was a chore in and of itself.

17. Chevluh

Chevluh Well-Known Member

Modability is a favor bestowed upon you, not a right. And it's pretty obvious the first mod would be free unlocking of the DLC and hidden characters (who are all present locked in the PC version's data. All six of them, yeeees. And not counting the fembots).

That there will be no DLC for PC is entirely your assumption, and unless you've got some super duper High Moon contacts it rests on no tangible evidence, while the presence of locked character data seems to indicate the contrary.

18. sparty2304

sparty2304 Active Member

Where did you find this info? I want to show some others somewhere else. I have been tring to prove this point but cant find the info.

19. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Kotaku Talk Radio, they interviewed Matt Tieger and someone called in with a question about Exclusive unlocks. He said they want to get these to PC players in some way.

I took that to mean a DLC pack, which everyone suspects the first DLC pack (across all platforms) could/would/should be the exclusive unlocks.

20. sparty2304

sparty2304 Active Member

I just needed to show some people that Matt and the gang is at least making an attempt to show some love to the PC community and this should do thanks!