PC Game help

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ambushbug74, Feb 25, 2007.

1. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I recently got a couple of older PC titles off eBay and hate having to carry around the disks with me with my laptop. Is there a way to copy the whole game to the hard drive and play it off there, rather then the CDs?

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

A lot of games have that option built into the installer. Others can copy the entire game to disk, but still demand the CD for copy protection. You can usually find no-CD patches for those games if you look. If neither of the above options are available, you can use something like Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% to create an ISO image of the CD on your hard drive and load it as a virtual disk.

3. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

cool, thanks. They are all crappy games, but it's something to play around with.

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I always go with the "no-cd" patch option. I haven't found a game that someone hasn't made one for yet.

I go to http://www.gamecopyworld.com/ to find them, they also have instructions on how to use them.

5. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, what those guys said. I usually use no-cd patches, as I don't like to take up a bunch of HD space using the other methods.