PC DVD Drive Help Needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Omega Supreme-1, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okii, I just got a new anime boxset for Kare Kano/His and Her Circumstances. My problem is, that my DVD-RW drive hates the first disk. It'll play the second one with no issues. Though it absolutely has no love for the first disk, and I was wondering is anyone could give me any suggestions. The DVD is an MPEG-2 DVD and it plays just fine on a lot of other devices. Like my kid brothers Philips Portable DVD player, and my PS2. I've yet to check my VCR/DVD combo to see what it thinks of it. I was wondering maybe I need some type of decoder for it to play. I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop which I think comes with Power DVD as the main software. I tried using VLC player to open it but it says it isn't formatted properly. The disk is completely scratchless, and doesn't show up even at the D:/ window under My Computer. It's not like the disk is defective since i've already watch it thoroughly on my PS2. It doesn't show any signs of freezing or lagging either. It's the proper region too, so I know that's not the issue. Also if you are curious what it does on trying to load it, the green LCD blinks 14 times then goes to a solid green state. It remains that way and refuses to load on my laptop. I've checked my drive with all my other DVDs and it's just fine. So any useful suggestions I'd be grateful. The drive in question is a TSST Corp DVD+-RW TS-L532B

2. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

While I don't have too much experience with DVD drives, my DVD-RW is a bit finicky like that. I'll have a disc that I just burned not work in the drive, but luckily I have a second normal DVD drive that plays everything fine.

3. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

is it the same type/brand of disc as the other ones cause some brands have a hard time being read...you could try re-ripping it, burn in onto another blank DVDR...cause i have a asian VCD that my desktop cant read it while everything else (DVD Player and Laptop can read it)

i burnt it onto another disc and now it works.