Pc-17 Core Magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Slimaximus, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

No there were people that wanted it that. It was the peak of “I’m fed up with getting white primes”

2. Mattymo

Still wouldn’t work. You need more than just a longer connector for the stock chest piece. The whole reason for the new chest isn’t just to make it look G1 it’s becuase the cab sticks out too far for the two tabs by the shoulders to connect and secure the cab. The new chest is bigger to grab to tabs and lock it all together.

Here’s a pic of the stock chest over PC-17. Not even shapeways would fix that

Attached Files:

3. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    I mentioned this exact thing in my last post.

It's entirely possible for someone with a bit of creativity to address these issues.

4. Mattymo

Then you’ll have gaps above the chest piece and the cab making the cab not secure then wanting more of an upgrade to hold the cab in place and at that point literally what is the point? By then you’ll just be doing so much for so little. It’s just being the most picky You can be.

It’s resolving issues with adding issues then wanting more resolve over new issue and so on on and so on

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017 at 7:52 PM
  5. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    I did mention the gap above the chest in my post. But like I also said, it's not as if the idea is the best or even a preferable choice. However it is an option entirely within the realm of possibility if someone decided to make it.

6. Mattymo

Yes but you also need to take into account that it turns into a trailer. The chest piece needs to make sure it’s flush and that’s what the original and the PC one does. Making add ons to connect will cause issues with that. Adding a connector on the bottom will interfere that’s why PC-17s has extra joints and adding to the original bottom and top will make it possible that it can’t transform properly

7. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Well-Known Member

Citizen Stacked, amirite?

• Like Like x 3
  8. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

wotafa's review is up. Don't know how many of you watch him but I just find his videos entertaining despite barely understanding a word of Japanese. He's just so excited.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 Well-Known Member

The more I see the less I like the combined mode. The chest is massive and he head sits far forward now. Sad pass.

10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The alt mode looks 200% better but the new proportions make the robot mode look a bit worse. I'll probably buy it anyway and decide which one I prefer when I get it in hand.

11. Optimus.Magnus

Optimus.Magnus Swingin' the chain

The X2 upgrade helps his overall profile so much with the new cab. Also, I had no idea it made him taller. I love these side by side shots!

12. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 You know what it is, I'm just Street tuff

I can see the point of getting fed up with the constant issues of white Prime without any armour to make him Magnus. This is why I bought pc 17 I guess to have a decent cab that transforms and wears a perfectly workable and articulated armoured suit (has or tak). I have the dx9 set installed so have changed the aesthetic of the figure from a stylised idw version to something approaching a g1 blocky version. This is suggested by the feet of the upgrade set the pc17 cab and the more utilitarian style chest plate. Its a good mix as far as I'm concerned. By that's only my opinion in terms of my own needs, it's not a perfect blend, ideally I'd like more deluxe cars to fit on board, but in my mind at least now he really is an Ultra Magnus.

13. Mattymo

I’ve been watching his reviews for almost a year and I love them. At points his laughter sounds like he’s crying with joy. He just seems so happy. It’s something I wish the vocal fandom was like instead of “I’ll wait for a 3rd party to fix this toy” or “cool we’re getting this but I want this instead” “POTP terrorcons! Which ones are gonna get made into Monstructor becuase I want that more!” Hey a new figure I want it repainted as this instead” no one is ever happy. He just seems so happy.

However I don’t speak Japanese so for all I know he could be bashing everything or confessing to all his murders

• Like Like x 5
  14. Mattymo

Yeah he’s a little taller. The feet are weird beciasebthe articulation isn’t at the heel it’s t the front of the the foot so it’s hard to post sometimes

15. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

Mine is still in my loot. I was able to grab a second chest too so that's cool. I'm going to wait until I have it to make my final judgment. Plus with these being for customs it may look totally different when done.

Also if you want a taller magnus there is a simple way but requires a parts former add on from shapeways if anyone wants to take on my idea on me.

16. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Well-Known Member

So the two UMs he's using there are Combiner Wars and Legends, right?

I'm wondering how this will look with Platinum Edition UM. The blue plastic of the replacement chestplate seems to match the CW blue - whereas Platinum Edition has that shiny metallic blue. Which I guess means the front plate will look different to the blue on the arms?

17. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Only the outside connecting pieces of the chestplate match the CW blue.

The larger center T- section is a match for Legends and close enough to the shade of metallic blue on the Platinum. The white will match Platinum and Legends, as will the silver wheels, but CW...fugetaboutit :confused: 

Untitled.jpg

18. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I finally bit and ordered this guy, probably won’t hit ship till legends kickback and clouded come into stock though

19. shadowbug

shadowbug Well-Known Member

Just got this thing in and, while i dont mind color mismatches, i do feel the quality is pretty lacking. The plastic is just so thin in most places it just feels like it could break if sneeze on it.

20. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    I haven't noticed any significant differences in plastic quality between this and PC-16 (which I have three of), though my PC-17 was misassembled with two right shoulder joints (which is being taken care of by Toy Dojo and their top-notch customer service; swapping out the balljoint is easy peasy). In any case, the figure is pretty light (as one would want so Ultra Magnus' balance is not thrown off), but the quality seems to be just fine.

I spent a couple of hours doing some part-swapping between the Hasbro Platinum Heroes Magnus and the Takara Legends Magnus, as well as parts from X2's upgrade kits and this is what I've come up with:
    Magnii.png
    (On the left is my "Lost Light" Magnus, with the original cab and without the X2 feet and shins. It's mostly the Platinum figure. I'll probably add the X2 feet and shins since he seems a bit short next to MMC Tyrantron, but I wanted to show part of the height difference between the two.

On the right is my "G1" Magnus, with the full X2 kit and with the PC-17 upgraded cab and chest. It's mostly the Takara Legends, but the crotch plate is from the Hasbro Platinum Magnus, which I feel looks MUCH better with the PE chest's color layout than the Legends figures original crotch. As you can see, between the two upgrade kits he stands a fair bit taller than a stock Magnus (particularly as far as head height goes; most of that is due to the PE cab).

Both figures have the X2 hands and forearms because this mold is trash without 'em.)

My only major gripe about the PE kit is that they went with the two different tones of blue on their chest to try to match all versions of the mold, but I don't know if it bugs me enough to try to repaint it; it's not as glaringly obvious in-hand as it appears in photographs.

(I have to give due credit to @process for making me start experimenting with parts-swapping between the two version of the mold.)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017 at 6:10 PM
    • Like Like x 1