PayPal ruins(?) charity donations towards kid's Xmas toys.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CodeXCDM, Dec 6, 2011.

1. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Internet Rages over PayPal Ruining Poor Kids' Christmas

They freeze the funds, then return them MINUS their transaction fee. So Paypal's initial action is extremely douchey... Now, because of the outrage on several websites...

Personally, I think it's very low of them to do that... They're trying to make amends... but obviously it's only due to the fact that so many folks are in an uproar. After all, they stand to lose hundreds if not thousands of accounts with such a gross act of greed.

In all honesty... if Google Wallet or some other Paypal-like system like dwolla catches on... I'd use it. Does kinds screw me out of eBay as you pretty much can't use anything outside PayPal these days.

Thoughts?

2. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    In all honestly, if other payment systems do catch on, I'm pretty confident that ebay and other auction sites would use them too.

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I read about this briefly and although I admit I did not read into detail I think it looks really, really bad for PayPal.

4. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's absolutley revolting. They better change their act now or they'll lose many accounts (and respect from poor children and charity organizations)

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The saddest part is this is just one more example of Paypal's ongoing habit of douching up charity campaigns and pocketing the fees anyway.

6. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm hoping that AMEX's new service Serve will take off. Was thinking about using it.

Paypal is too freaking annoying.

7. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

was just about to see what all the uproar was about with paypal.. they are infact douchebags, clearly they need to be more clear on somethings I guess.

8. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    I've been screwed over by Paypal too many times to give a fuck about Paypal's side of things.

I have two bank accounts linked to my Paypal account. One is an account with my insurance company that was used to start the Paypal account several years ago, the other is the bank I use for daily transactions.

No matter how many times I changed the settings, Paypal would only take money from the first account or make me wait 5~10 days for a money order from the account that it's supposed to use. I've accidentally overdrawn the first bank account and horribly misbalanced my check book so many fucking times because of this and it's only recently that Paypal's fixed the issue. I want Paypal to compensate me for every damned overdraft charge it saddled on me because the service wasn't doing what it said it was doing.

9. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm on the side of the blog who was trying to raise money for the kids. Paypal can go screw itself.

10. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    THIS.

eBay won't. Both companies are one in the same... which is why you can pretty much *only* do transactions via PayPal on eBay.

11. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    IMOH, I see PayPal and Ebay unopposed in the next few years. And that sucks. At least more major online retailers are using alternate payment sources like Google. I will use my cards before I use PayPal.

12. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Paypal's shit, but it is convenient and you do get good coverage. It's not worthless, just stupid.