PayPal Question For You Fine Folks.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AnimatedFan, Jun 22, 2008.

1. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Do I continue with my claim, or do I turn it into a dispute?

Okay, now the back story.

I bought Animated Leader Class Megatron from RobotKingdom.com.
    Paid in full, with PayPal. No waiting, no asking them to hold it for me, nothing like people might think. No, I paid instantly. (almost $100.00 with shipping.)

Fast forward 5 days later. My package arrives. (it should be noted, they do make good on their promises of reliable and fast shipping, along with excellent packing. Lightning fast turn around for overseas. Better than some domestic!)

I noticed the size of it and thought "Well. yeah, it's smaller than I imagined, but maybe that's how they're packaged." So I hurriedly open the package, just ready to burst from the anticipation, and I pull back the styrofoam to reveal....

A Saint Seiya figure. (even after a bit of research, I still have no idea what the hell it is. Nicely detailed and intricate looking, but no damn idea.)

Clearly, this is not at all what I ordered. In fact, it's so different (different toy line, different company, different price even!) that it just boggles my mind. I was so stunned to find out it was the wrong thing...I about fainted.

So, after regaining my composure (28 and on the verge of tears. After all I had been through just to get Megatron...I deserved a cry. lol and no, I didn't cry. Wanted to, tried to, but it just wasn't comin'.) I run (literally) to my computer and email their on site service address. (I know it works because I've spoken to their employees, not to mention the sender emailed me the tracking info from the addy.) Tell them in detail about what I ordered, paid for and received.

I waited (per their website request) and received nothing. So I went into PayPal, looked at the invoice and emailed the company through that addy. Still nothing. (This Tuesday will be a week and not a single response, not one.)

Now, all of a sudden, they clam up left and right, but not a full day before making payment, they were Chatty Cathy. (at this point, I'm ballistically PISSED. But...I decide to give them more time. Still...nothing.

I filed a claim and they haven't even responded to that! Now granted, it's currently the weekend, but what about Friday? They're open on Fridays (and yes, I kept the time difference of 12 hours in mind.)

I just don't know what to do. I already ponied up for another Megatron ($75.00) and now I might have another one? (at the very least. I'd like every friggin' cent of my money back. I shouldn't be penalized for their mistake. In any way.)

So, I will give them until midnight Monday evening/Tuesday morning to respond. If they don't, then I guess I'll have to escalate it to a dispute. I hate to, but it has to be done sooner or later if they won't even work with me.

So, any tips, ideas, lessons from experience...all are welcome and needed. Thanks in advance!

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Strange, I dealt with them the other day and they responded within about 2hrs!!!

It might be worth escalating that to a dispute... that should get their notice...

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Agreed. Start the dispute; they'll most likely contact you after that.

4. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    QFT! the next best move there is. but dun delay there's a 60 days grace period for this kind of stuff.

5. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Heh. Further proof that this could become a pain in the ass.

I decided to Google RK and found a poster on the NZ TF board, and he had his item get shipped to the US (for some odd reason they sent a package labeled NZ (New Zealand) to the United States...) and he contacted them several times without any help.

He finally escalated it to a dispute and as ya'll said...they finally responded to him. Not only fixed the order, but gave him freebie watch on top of it.

Now, I could care less about the freebie, I'm not trying to drag their name through the mud, I just want my item or my money back (in full) I don't think that's too much to ask. I will admit, this has turned me off from using them again in the future. The wrong item part bothered me, I won't lie, but absolute ignoring my emails and acting like I'm not even here...that bothers me immensely. Especially after $96+

*sighs*

What comes with a dispute?

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    never mind.

7. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Here's a question...what the hell happens if they never respond? (Either to the claim or dispute) what happens then? Does PayPal side in my favor, am sent up shit creek without a paddle?

I've dealt with customer service screwups involving the internet before, but at least they had the decency to email me and call me every name in the book and that I should go fuck myself if I even dream of getting a refund. Here? They just leave me hanging and I have no idea what to do.

And last I checked, Saint Seiya ain't that big of a seller, so I most definitely will not get my investment back, not even close.

=\

Oh, and Ops...what was it you were going to say?

8. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I filed a dispute with someone whom I purchased a DVD from on ebay. When it hadn't arrived in like 3 weeks, I emailed them. They said, which was part of the ebay auction that I must of missed, that the DVDs come from their factory in China and that it takes awhile for them to get it and ship it out. So I continue to wait.

Like 5 weeks go by in total and still nothing. I filed a claim with Paypal and they sent them an email saying you have so many days to respond to this claim. They never did and Paypal gave me my money back. Hopefully you will similar luck and buy your Megs elsewhere.

9. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Well PayPal did rule in my favor, but they won't reverse the transaction, nor will they refund my money. All they did was mark it down in their record.

So now...do I sell off the figure they sent me? (Is there even a market for Saint Seiya?) Or do I go and file mail fraud charges? Personally, I'm leaning toward charges.

10. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

They probably look at it as you got something out of the deal instead of nothing. If you had received nothing, they would probably have refunded your money.

I say try and sell. See if there's anything on ebay for it. If not, keep it.

11. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    What Saint Seiya figure is it? Is it a reissue or a myth cloth? The myth cloths generally sell for around $40 I think but not sure about reissues.

12. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I checked on eBay and a few Googled online stores. His name is Thanatos, some kind of a demon and from what I could tell, it is a Myth Cloth and he comes in a book style box (according to the one store) and his going rate is $75-108.00

o_O ....

13. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    There you have it :D .

14. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    You could sell him, wait until Animated Megatron comes out in the states and save $40-60, depending on how much you get for the Saint Seya dude.

15. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Well then, I guess this is going on eBay. I haven't opened it, but from the packaging, looks like a really intricate figure. Nicely made. I'm not into that line of figures, but it at least looks really nice. I'll give Bandai credit for that.

I wonder if I should offer it to someone on the boards first, before posting it to eBay?

16. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just try & post it on the boards first. no harm trying, right?

The crowd here is a rather varied bunch. just look & see at the toyark forum lots of different interest i.e Mugenbine, Braves, Macross, Busou Shinkis, Figma, Gundams, SOCs & so on & so forth..so don't worry who knows maybe there's someone here who might be interested.

(btw Saint seiya is quite big in asia)

17. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I had a very odd evening last night...

A 3rd party website contacted me about my PayPal dispute and asked me to give a survey on it. (I gave a *SCATHING* review of PP btw.)

I don't know if that prompted PayPal or what, but a little over an hour after taking the survey....Robotkingdom sends me an email.

Long story, short: They acknowledge it was their error. They have my Megatron and he's shipping this week at no extra cost to me. They also want to know if I'll send the Thanatos back to them.

I of course said yes (which means I'm out another $6.00+ because now I have to cancel the auction I posted...) but I told them the truth, I said "I'll send it back, but there's a problem. I truly cannot afford the $30-40.00 it would cost to send it back to you, and quite frankly, I'm against the idea of having to pay for the shipping. No offense, but I can't afford it."

I haven't heard jack squat from 'em since.

So...WTF?

18. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Okay, so let me see if I've got this right:

- Wrong toy arrives - $100
    - No refund - $XXX
    - You list toy on Ebay - $5 + sale
    - They would like it back - $30-$40

If you haven't been refunded, then the "return product" finances are their obligation.

If you have been fully refunded, then - in my opinion - so long as the total amount of money paid out to return the Saint Seya is lower than the amount you initially paid for the first plastic toy (Megatron, right?) then go ahead and pay the shipping and return the figure to them.

19. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Or throw it in the box Megatron comes in and label it return to sender.