Paypal issue....anyone have any idea on what I can do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rdfnd1253, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

So the short story is I sent a phone out that I sold to a gentleman in the Ukraine for around $220. The guy had a 100% feedback and had bought from ebay users in the US before. So I sent the phone out January 7th, 2012 and had a family emergency in Kentucky where I went for a week to attend to the matter. When I came back I bought a few items on ebay and paid in timely matter. Then one day last week I went to do a buy it now on an item I wanted and it came up that i couldn't as I had a $220 negative balance with paypal. I called up paypal to find out the buyer had opened a case against me literally a week after he paid for the item stating he didn't get the item. Well I live in the US and he lives in Ukraine.....how would he receive the item in a week? Anyway I gave paypal the shipping info I had, being I shipped it from the USPS, it doesn't have a tracking number but has a shipping number or some sort. Well today I got a call from paypal saying they will be sending me to collections soon since i have a negative balance over 10 days old.......how screwed up is this? How can I go about proving my case? I am seriously broke thanks to a car accident in november, so my income is limited hence why I sold the phone. I have never had a problem before and now I don't know what to do. I emailed the buyer to let him know I will be contacting the post office to report mail fraud, and contacting an attorney, but realistically what can I do at this point?

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Call paypal back.

3. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Use the registered number you got on the post office's website. Or the Ukranian post office website, it could work there as well.

How did you send the phone? First class, registered air mail, signed for...?

The phone is probably in transit, but if you shipped it a MONTH ago, shouldn't you have any news from the buyer at this point?

4. Rdfnd1253

I did....and they told me I am responsible for the money they refunded the dude. I gave them the postal info I have which is an international number.

5. Rdfnd1253

FOr whatever reason, the number when typed in on the post office doesn't show anything. Paypal said this happens a lot with international shipping.

6. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Brother, less and less do I ship international. Especially to the Ukraine. Ebay is nothing but bullshit these days. Used to be sellers were the scanners, now they switched sides to the power-the buyers side.

7. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Reason number 507 why I don't sell on Ebay anymore.

Sorry to hear about your problem bud, I hope you can get it settled soon!

8. Rdfnd1253

Yea I am really bummed as right now I have limited funds to live on with being on disability at the moment....=(

9. Rdfnd1253

Yea I know its bullshit! I paid fees on the amount I made to paypal and ebay and now I have to pay for the item I sold. Its ridiculous! They are going to send me to collections if I don't pay it they said.....I feel so bent over right now. No luck going my way since November =(

10. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, don't pay collections until you can, and i mean they are your last priority when it comes to surviving or not monetarily. They can't force you to pay. And if you're gonna go int., go ems.

11. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    It's buyers like those who give International bidders a bad name. Seriously, some of them are really impatient.

There ARE good International buyers out there on Ebay, it's just that they're overwhelmed by the bad.

I could never be confident enough to try and sell something on Ebay. I always try to look elsewhere before trying Ebay when I want to buy something.

12. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

Tell Paypal to pound sand. They stupidly refunded the money to a fraudster on their network, they can take the hit. Then close that bank account, because if you ever put a dime in there they can yank it back out. Open a new bank account and get Google Checkout or an Amazon seller account.

13. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Ditto.

14. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm curious which way you shipped it. I've sold a fair amount of items to overseas buyers. I send all the packages priority and havent had an issue. I dislike ebay in general now but sometimes it's the only way to sell an item.

15. Rdfnd1253

Yea I refuse to pay paypal for something the post office woman literally watched me send out. I have the receipt and all. I was stupid to send it USPS though but the buyer asked I send it that way and he has 100% feedback. What I find fishy is he keeps buying the same phones from US sellers, most based in NY like me, but all those sellers left him positive feedback. One of the last sellers he bought from, I contacted to see if they had any issues and they said none so far, but they did say how the buyer insisted they send it USPS. This seller told me how they felt uneasy since there is no tracking information available to the Ukraine, but they were reassured from his spotless feedback record. So I am hoping it shows up but a month later? I have serious doubts = (

16. Rdfnd1253

I don't remember which way it was sent, it was the only option USPS offered to the Ukraine but it does have a customs number. I have to call the international number tomorrow and see if they can get me more info on the item. I will also be asking the postal inspectors to get involved as I think I am being scammed.....and paypal just always agrees with the buyer now.

17. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Only option? I pulled the shipping calculator up and there are a lot of options. Never send international packages first class because paypal and such (ebay) require some sort of delivery confirmation.

Hopefully you sent it priority or better (priority is quite expensive). Good luck and I hope it gets sorted for you.