PayPal help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benzo, Oct 4, 2008.

1. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recently got an email saying that someone named 何 倩 has accepted a payment. when I logged into my paypal there was a $10 payment that I never sent! what should I do? I never had this happen to me before.

2. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

Change your password, then run a virus scan.

3. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Also contact Paypal customer service, see if they can do anything to help.

4. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    Did, you log-in using the link provided in the email or a separate brower that you opened and logged into at paypal.com? Remember, you should never click on any link from any company unless you were expecting it.

5. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    Excatly never ever sign into any Fincially Accounts straight from email. Even if I am expecting a email for said bank/paypal/etc. I always just go to the website and log-in direct. It's way to easy to create dummy pages that look oh so auth. and steal your log-in info.

And alot of that is going to be going around with all the bank/investment buy-outs. About 2 days after the Wamu buyout a friend of mine got a email from "Chase" asking to update his info for their records , and he almost did but got called alway to a last sec. meeting. Afterwards he came back and logged on to WAMU website and got a offical message form Chase saying that everything would transfers to chase without any extra effort from WAMU customers. So keep your eyes open !!