2D Artwork: Payback

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by WeX_nFx, Dec 13, 2006.

1. WeX_nFx

WeX_nFx ArtDesign TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I started this last week, and I just finished coloring today... I realized that there are some perspective issues, and all kinds of other problems. Im trying to grasp a cross between the cartoon of old, but with a little more detailing here and there. Initially it was just Brawn and Starscream, but since I watched NACHO LIBRE the other day I have been wanting to do a team up... This is the first transformers art that ive ever finished and posted. I posted a earlier version of this work in the art of the month section. Crits are most welcome, its the only way we learn! Thanks, and there are more to come!

[​IMG]

2. Overlord II

Overlord II Starscreamicon Leader TFW2005 Supporter

Nice....but shouldn't Megatron be the center of attention? ;) 

3. WeX_nFx

Ebay:
    Well

Yes but we dont know who offed wheeljack or windcharger in the movie...do we? Specualtions? Perhaps when I start my next project(which will be more massive) I will have a two on two or maybe a three on three..

4. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Jeje, looks good.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The poses are weird.

6. Overlord II

Overlord II Starscreamicon Leader TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah I know....Screamer was holding Megs when Brawn was offed....just breaking chops since I am a Starscream fan...

7. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    it's pretty good but I'd get rid of the graident background

8. WeX_nFx

Ebay:
    Yeah

Dont get me wrong I love Starscream, and just about any other Transformer that ever had any kind of character associated with em. I know there is some real talent on this board, and while I am familiar with all the CS2's...(I have a degree in Art/Design from Texas State) I have a really super serious side to my artwork but with TFs I get to break out of that and have fun with it...problem is the older I get the less fun I have!HAHA.. But honestly im not the best comic/toon colorer, at heart im a surreal/abstract/painter. I sell my work freelance and by contract. But the reason im here is that I want to become better at drawing Transformers because I have loved them since I was 4 or 5 in the eighties when they came out. Really this piece took me like an hour to draw and like 3 hours to color. They do look weird but its just because I had no idea what I wanted out of it until the lines where done...

9. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ok, here are some tips that'll cut down on your hours if you're using Photoshop:

Once you select a color click one spot. Let go, hold down the shift key and click another spot to get a straight line. This will save you oodles of time.

Another great shortcut key is alt. If you have a brush tool going hold down alt and that will bring up the eye dropper so if you want to grab say, Starscream's red, let go of alt and it automatically goes back to the brush tool. Apply it to his eyes you don't have to spend an extra 10 seconds going from brush to dropper to brush and then color. 10 seconds might not sound like a lot in 3 hours terms but you'll see a difference.

But then again you probably already know these haha

10. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty cool!

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "Hey! My leg! I need that!!" :)