patrick swazie pancreatic cancer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by transform27, Mar 27, 2009.

1. transform27

transform27 Banned

i hope he, lives does anybody think he will last past the 5 year mark" his doctor says hes responded well to treatment, I thought when people get this kinda cancer that most of them dont make it or sercome to it

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    That is sad news. I've worked around patients with pancreatic cancer, and when a tumor sprouts in that organ, especially in the head region, it's no joke. Most don't make it. :( 

3. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

There's a picture of him on one of the rag magazines (they're going to rot in hell for cashing in on his misery) and he looks incredibly debilitated by the treatments and the Cancer itself. He looks like a scrawny old man. All you could do was stare and have a genuine frown.

From all accounts I've ever heard, he's one of the nicest people in showbiz.

I just hope he pulls through.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hoping he pulls through, he's a cool guy.

5. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    My father-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cance in early december and has been in and out of the hospital ever since. The docs say he's responding well to the treatment but if anyone who knows cancer stage 4 is as bad as it gets. The doc told him it could be 6 months or it could be a few years but it had spread to his liver and they can't do surgery to remove the tumor until he gets a little better.

It's hard seeing him in this state. It tears my wife up everytime we go visit, we live right down the road from them so that's a good thing but this is a guy that you used to never want to see in a dark alley but now he looks so fragile I don't think he'll make it to the end of the year but I don't have the heart to tell my wife.

Sorry if i hijacked your thread with my sad story....but i just had to get this off my chest as i haven't mentioned this to anyone other then family since we found out.

Also, I'm not looking for pity here.....it just feels good to get it off my chest is all. Thanks

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

What? Patrick Swayze has pancreatic cancer?

NOOOOOO!!!!

He's my favorite actor. Please, dear God... pull through, Patrick.

7. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Patrick Swayze is definitely a fighter. When this news broke over a year ago, he was only given months, if not weeks, to live.

8. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Sorry to hear that. Must be pretty hard to deal with.

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Wow, this is really old news. I remember hearing about this maybe a year, even two years ago.

Good luck with your continued battle Pat.

10. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

yeah heard about this awhile ago...but its good to see that he's still doing good.

11. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Nothing's impossible, so there's always a chance (no matter how slim it might be) that he could pull through this. I've heard nothing but good buzz about The Beast on A&E, and I wish him continued good health and success.

MeGrimlock79, I'm truly sorry to hear about your father in law. I will keep you and you family in my prayers.

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Will keep him in my thoughts and pray for a miracle. Hope your wife's doing ok, must be really hard for her.

13. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:

I would appreciate that guys. Yeah the wife is taking it very hard as she's a daddy's girl and they've always been pretty close. It isn't that hard for me to deal with but that's b/c I try to stay strong for my wife and her family and just try to do what I can to help them.

I remember back in Feb. on one of my days off her mom called me to help me get him in the car to take him to the hospital as he was in major pain. Now I'm not a big guy in no way but was built like the Hulk compared to him. When I was helping him to the car it was like trying to help a skeleton walk.....just super thin.

But I do appreciate everyones prayers

14. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I was about to go on about how I really like "The Beast," but damn, guy, I'm really sorry to hear that. Best of luck to him, and even if the worst happens, he's definitely a lucky guy to have a daughter and son-in-law who clearly care about him.