Patience Lowering

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ezim93, Sep 30, 2010.

1. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK seriously, when are we going to get some kind of conformation on when a trailer is going to come out or at least some pictures of toys/concept art. Seriously the news has been kind of dry for the last few months aside from updates on filming and rumors.

2. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Wait until Christmas. We should get at least a teaser by then.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Dude, they're not even finished filming. Let alone started post production. How could they possibly know the exact date of when they're going to get a trailer out?

You know that with most movies we don't usually get buckets of news and concepts, let alone trailer dates. You're acting like this is something out of the ordinary. The film isn't going to come out for quite a while. (when is it, 2011? 2012? )

I can say this for sure, we'll get at least one trailer before the movie comes out. :D 

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    For your sake? Months from now.

5. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Huh. Less information does seem to be coming out this time. Guess Bay's cracking down a bit more, but just wait. Last time, pics of the Soundwave toy flooded the Internet by October 2008, and Sideswipe was confirmed in September.

It'll come. The trailer will probably be held off until either the VERY end of the year - I'd bet Deathly Hallows, Part I, or The Little Fockers. But it'll most likely come out SuperBowl timeish.

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Theres no traielr until filming had ended and they had began doing all the CGI

7. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

teaser trailer = SUPER BOWL

8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Nope, no trailers this time. This one will be a surprise.:popcorn 

9. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    When the cows come home.

10. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

They're going to give you a private screening.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Even if they gave you a trailer for the film in the morning that isn't going to change the wee little fact that the movie doesn't come out until July.

Just enjoy whatever spoilers we get as they leak out. Makes it a little more fun having something just sort of drop out of nowhere instead of having it all marked down on a calender.

12. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG] -> this one is on me

13. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    It's just a movie, dude. Chill.

14. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

There's also less media interest this time. It's the third movie, people aren't as excited. Such is the fate of sequels. I think PEOPLE are interested, but since most reviews panned the last movie, the media themselves are not paying as much attention. Hopefully this means that I will know much less about the movie than last time and get some nice surprises

15. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

I am not expecting a trailer til the Super Bowl, but any chance some toys might come out for Christmas?

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Summer 2011 is going to be so busy it's going to be hard for any film to stay as the media focus this far out.

Thor, X-Men First Class, Green Lantern, Captain America all going for the comic book fans attention.

The last Potter movie which should draw attention for being the last in such a long series.

Pirates is going to try to re-energize that franchise. Planet of the Apes is attempting another come back after the failed come back several years ago.

Cowboys and Aliens to go for that new factor in summer movies.

Sequels to Kung Fu Panda and Cars to cash in on how big kids movies can be in the summer.

Just going to be hard for Transformers 3 to take all the media spotlight when there are so many films going for all the push they can get. Better to save the big push for closer to the release date than spend up the ad budget now.

17. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    Well, we didn't get a teaser for ROTF until February '09, and the movie came out in June.

Personally, I'm glad there aren't as many pieces of information floating around as the second movie. Part of what dampened some of my enjoyment of ROTF was that I kept spoiling the movie for myself before I even saw it, because of my lack of self-control.

Also, when Orci & Kurtzman talked about ROTF, they seemed to make a lot promises that never got delivered (i.e. more modulated humor and a more solid storyline), which furthered my disappointment. So, I think that it's better to go in blind.

Anyway, just be patient like the rest of us. You're gonna have to be anyway, whether you like it or not.

18. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this made me genuinely lol. Thank you, and also relax a bit, go transform something and blow off steam.

19. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Super Bowl sounds about right for the trailer.

Toys won't be until May I'd imagine. They'll have a street date again, probably for around June 5th? I'd not put it past Hasbro to make the street date the same weekend as Botcon or just after Botcon to give Botcon the first run at the toys again. Nothing advertises the brand and the official convention by officially launching the new toy line at the official convention.