Pat Lee interview - with RICH JOHNSTON!

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Nevermore, Dec 20, 2010.

1. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What a treacherous, lying douche.

2. ben2099

ben2099 Well-Known Member

*Finishes the interview and reads back through previous posts*

Ya know, I have an idea...

To start with, I don't know much about comicdom. I love reading comics, but I don't know much of the stories behind their creation (which in turn should be turned into a comic within itself). However, after reading this interview, even I am revolted by Pat lee and his actions. Even after being caught in his own lies of fraud and theft, the man spins how he is innocent of such crimes with cracked, flawed logic. It then turns my stomach when he then has the gall to say that former artists will be paid if another one of his pet projects turns a profit, shifting the blame to US if things don't go as planned.

Then I say this: What if CRM does raise profits? Will it give money to the people that deserve it? Or will good old Pat pocket everything for himself by creating a new shell company and screwing Sea Lion Publishing, leaving them like Dreamwave, a nice dessicated husk on the side of the road?

We all have a good idea, based on Pat's track record, of what is going to happen.

So maybe we can do something about it: Boycott anything Pat Lee works with. Send a message to Sea Lion Publishing that they are backing the wrong person and that if they want to do some good, get him the hell away from anything involving literature of any sort.

3. Sero

Sero Well-Known Member

I remember sitting next to his (very hot asian) wife/girlfriend at the Comic awards in Chicago a few years ago. I listened to her complain all the way through the show not about the nominees but about how bad the shopping was in Chicago. "There is maybe 2 pairs of shoes I liked" or "Jim bought this or that" All I could think of at the time was about how much maintenance this b****h was costing him just so he could claim she was his bedroom porsch. If this girl was his soulmate like he claimed, then I dont put much stock in his guilt or innocence. He probably is apologetic because his image is making it impossible to get rich drawing anymore until he can redeem himself. Enter the Sea Lion fund. Which is just a 1,000 pound vicious beast that likes to gorge on raw fish and have sex all day.

4. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    @Sero - You mention "Jim". This is about Pat Lee. So far as I know, Jim is a totally unrelated asian comic artist named Lee. And totally above the board. But I know nothign about his (either of them) wife. :) 

5. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    QFT.

6. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  pat lee = Nominated for Biggest douchbag in the universe. Never thought somebody could top john edwards

7. Starwave

Starwave Herald of Unicron

I want to say something witty, funny, and cool that someone hasn't said yet, but I can't think of anything. I will just leave it with this.

Pat Lee is a douchebag.

8. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pat Lee - meh, but Dreamwave TF comics were awesome, I miss them :( 

9. Starwave

Starwave Herald of Unicron

Dreamwave was a great time for Transformers. But alas, the incarnation of the entity, Douchbag, reigned it's douchebaggery upon Dreamwave, along with Transformers. This horrible creature of uncalcuable douche levels is known only as "Pat Lee".

10. Slaughtermaster

Slaughtermaster Well-Known Member

This interview is a total failure - for Pat Lee.

I say this because he was given a chance to speak with one of his most vehement detractors and to give the comic fandom a peek of what is really going on in his mind. He had the chance to make an open plea to all his former employees and associates to make amends (Alex Milne not withstanding), and he had a chance to apologize, not only to his former employees and associates, but to the fans and followers who send Dreamwave and him to the position they once had in the indy comic book world. This interview was THE chance to redeem his reputation in the eyes of many comic book fans.

Instead, Lee treated this as a PR exercise in an attempt to ameliorate his tarnished reputation and deflects his personal moral deficiencies onto circumstances that he had either caused or engineered. If he was a bigger man, he would apologize to everybody and acknowledge that the people who were not paid for their work (and some, according to Rich, lost their houses because of the fact) would be given a public acknowledgement that his actions had caused hardship - not because of the "poor US economy" - but because of his selfishness.

11. megabot6969

megabot6969 Well-Known Member

I have to admit that I loved Dreamwaves Transformers series, and I believe that it was partialy responsible for the return of the franchise.
    But, that being said I would never buy anything done buy Pat Lee ever again.
    I cant support a piece of sh#t like him.

12. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

The fact the lying sack of garbage still has a career at all is a black mark on the entire comic industry.

The way he can twist the entire Dreamwave thing into something where he seems to feel he was the only real victim is just blowing my mind. What an idiot. And I'm not a person that spouts off that sort of thing easily.

Pat Lee just sets my blood to boiling. I hate people with no responsibility for their actions. And he still doesn't take responsibility for what he's done.

13. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

In the words of Adam Sandler: "What an ASSHOOOOOOOOLE!!!"

14. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pat Lee is a scumbag, and I seem to be in the minority here - Dreamwave comics were pretty much 90% rubbish fan-wankery. The Armada series was good and, erm...that's more or less it. Thank goodness for IDW, all its faults and all.

15. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I agree with everyone about his douche baggery, but I can't help but find it funny that he denies (intentionally) taking credit for Alex's work, yet completely disowns a cover that was obviously his. Seriously, is he that delusional?

I still say we all need to key his car. ALL of us.

16. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    The Silver Snail cover was not Pat Lee's work. This has been confirmed here on the boards as well as to me in private.

17. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good point.

18. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm really not understanding how this guy still works in the industry. Are they that hard up for people that a complete tool with a proven track record of failure deserves employment?

19. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

I'm beginning to think that the cause of everything wrong with the comic industry is spawned by this one being- the Pat Lee Singularity, which spans the entire universe of comics and makes them shitty. He appears in each company, perhaps with different motives or appearance, but his goal is always the same- to be a huge douche bag and ruin the industry for everyone. He cannot be killed unless someone destroys his sourc- sorry, Porsche.

Ah well. Fuck Pat Lee.

20. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I second that, F*** pat lee! He's a pimple on the comic industries ass that needs to be popped already