Pat Lee interview - with RICH JOHNSTON!

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Nevermore, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    He sounds just like the Asshat I worked for that had a chance to kill on the ground floor of 3D but instead bought cars and went on vacations.
    "The Lexus ISF was a lease. I haven't paid myself..."

3. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    So he basically answers the questions with them asking about how he acted like things were rosy with a "Well they knew something was wrong anyway."

And I get the vibe he's saying, "It's just Simon's opinion of what I told him."

And (again, what I'm understanding from this) he says, "It's not a big deal since I've done it before" when asked about Milne ghosting for him, and he "forgot" to list him in the credits.

Aw well, wasn't expecting much from Lee on this, but kudos to Rich for tackling Lee head on about what happened at Dreamwave.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey, he doesn't admit any fault for his actions or apologize for his numerous acts of fraud and douchebaggery. What a surprise.

"Hey Pat, why'd you never pay your staff?"
    "Well, you know, sales downturns and a new studio and I was young and the weakening US dollar and... of course... the coke... I don't remember a lot of the conversations I had around then, you know... because of the coke... Make sure you buy my new comic so that all those artists I ripped off can finally get a pittance of what they're owed!"

5. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Loved how he ignored questions by going back over previous ones. I hope Alex gets ahold of him, and calls his bluff. I do think it was very unprofessional when he said Alex was his best penciller so he needed to get paid first and didn't want to screw their relationship. So the other guys doing the artwork(DON!)wasn't good enough so they can wait to get paid? Give me a break, if it had been Don or Guido instead of Alex they were talking about he would of just interchanged names. I do hope this business venture of giving the creators money back works out.

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Now, if only we can get Fun Publications to book Pat Lee for BotCon... then forget to pay him.

7. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Pat was talking about Alex being the best under Dream Engine employ. Don, Guido, and everyone else never worked for Dream Engine

interesting article, but these days i just dont care anymore

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Bullshitting little c*nt continues to embarras himself every time he opens his mouth. I continue to ignore anything that has this lying, thieving asshole's name on it, and I will do until he pays the people who made him rich. Not that I expect him to ever do that.

9. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    People like this never change. It's sad but true. Pat Lee is hardly the only one behaving like that...many companies, and in extent, lives are ruined daily by similar jackasses, who, even when the whole world knows they are wrong, will keep defending themselves - or even worse : don't know what they did wrong.

It takes balls to come out and admit fault, but not doing that shows such a person isn't prepared to change his ways at all.

10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Pat Lee Talks To Bleeding Cool Via A Dabel Brother

11. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I picture a "Kick Pat Lee in the junk for $1" booth....with all proceeds going to the unpaid artists :p 

12. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dreamwave was great times, it's just too bad someone like Pat Lee had to run it.

13. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

When DW started Pat Lee was the greatest thing that ever happened to TF. Now he is the worst thing to ever happen to TF.

14. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Those three times he ran out of spin were very telling. When pinned down about companies categorically contradicting his accounts, his brain shuts down because the lies and dissembling won't come fast enough.

- Coeloptera

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    The sad part is that in reality......he wouldn't be leaving the Con alive........like, seriously, he'd probably be killed by some rabid TF fan with a chip on his/her shoulder.

16. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Wow, what a terrible article.

17. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    He did a great job of legally answering every question correctly.

"My intention was ____."
    "I don't recall the specifics but my intentions were ____."

And when asked specific questions regarding legally represented companies, he had no response, because legally you let loose the hounds if you say "That's not true!" ... and you put your foot in your mouth if you go "Oh, yeah, that, well geez now you got me in a bind!".

A very telling tale.

18. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    He sounds like he buys into his own bullshit.

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    which in itself is kinda sad considering the real ppl who were hurt by this were the unpaid employees and knowing the type (i know a bit about doing work that gets unpaid) theyve prolly move on like what everybody else do in the real world/business.

the worst thing you can do is not pay attention to these jokers because those guys that are owed money will never get their money back. never. while somebody like pat lee still gets jobs even by bad reputation.

move on, stop giving ppl like pat lee attention (besides the joking behind his back at his expense). forget....FORGET....*waves hands*

20. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Consider this- it's been five years since the end of Dreamwave and whenever anyone interviews Pat, it still comes up. This will be a black mark on his career that he'll never escape.