Past Botcon's Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by ReallyGoodJoe, Jul 22, 2008.

?

Best 3H BotCon?

1. '94

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. '95

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. '96

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. '97

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. '98

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. '99

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 2000

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  8. 2001

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2002

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 2004

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ReallyGoodJoe

ReallyGoodJoe Member

3H Enterprises BotCon Topic/Poll ('94-'04)

I have read a lot of great things about this particular BotCon and really wish I could have gone (note: I am almost 15, therefore my reasons for not going are pretty obvious). So, I hope those who were there would like to share their experiences of this great event. Also, for those who have been searching for bits from the concert, please go to my YouTube page ReallyGoodJoe to see (well, hear) some songs from the concert.

2. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

LOL, yeah, you would've been what, minus 6 years old at that time? :)  I wish I could've gone to that one too. Unfortunately, that was during my junior year at university, and I was so swamped with work, I didn't have time to breathe, much less attend a convention.

Welcome to the boards, by the way.

3. ReallyGoodJoe

ReallyGoodJoe Member

Thanks a lot, Sir Head of Velcro, I feel very welcome here.

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think the reason people remember BC97 so fondly is that it was the return of the Hartman's to the fold. BC96 was, by all accounts, a disaster. BC97 saw the return of a cleanly organized event that really kicked off the fast rise of Botcon among fans. However, the attendance number was still fairly "small", which kept the event pretty personal and intimate.

5. ReallyGoodJoe

ReallyGoodJoe Member

The reason I think it seemed like it would have been a awesome time was because 2 of my favorite artists (Stan Bush and Vince DiCola) released a new CD, performed a concert, and did a panel.

6. ReallyGoodJoe

ReallyGoodJoe Member

BotCon 2001 Topic

Next to BotCon '97, the 2001 convention seemed like it would have been the most awesomest convention ever.

Reasons:
    - One of my favorite artists and keyboard inspiration Vince DiCola appeared.
    - He released 3 new CDs, Lighting Their Darkest Hour (TF:TM score), The Protoform Sessions (demos, rehearsals, unused tracks), and Artistic Transformations (basically Transformers: Unplugged).
    - TF:TM was played on the silver screen.
    - Vince DiCola and not Stan Bush (boooo) did a concert. If you couldn't tell, the only down side is Gary Falcone. WHERE WAS STAN!?!?!?
    - The venue is an hour from home (I'm from Browns Summit).
    - The venue has a personal significance. A few months ago, me and my older sister went to the theatre where the movie was played to see Hanson live (BTW, I'm a dude) and that theatre is attached to the Marriot where the convention was held. We actually spent a while in that area because we were there for a while before and after the show for various reasons which I won't go into detail about.

BTW, The Protoform Sessions and Artistic Transformations are now available for sale at vincedicola.com.

Anyone want to share experiences/memories/whatever of the convention?

7. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Threads merged. We don't need a thread for every old Botcon. Merged and moved to the correct forum.

8. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I would have to say 2000 mainly because it was my first. But my favorite to date would have to say it's a tie between 2007 and 2008. 2007 had the best exclusives ever, not to mention meeting one of the writers for Transformers personally. 2008 was all around great, I would have to say (not knowing the actual numbers) the biggest.