Passing up toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Wreckgar, May 27, 2006.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I was at K-Mart today and they are rearranging the place. Doing some remodeling and such. So Iwander into the makeshift toy area and they have a whole aisle of clearance. This is unusual for my KMart so I scope it out. I find the following.

Sigma 6 Ninja cycles at 7.50
    BW 10th wave 1 at 9.00
    DC Superhero Bane at 4.50

Then on top of that, they have 25% off. So the Ninja cycle would be 5.50, BW would be 6.50, and I didn't check the Bane.

However due to lack of space, I passed on them all. The Bane is nice but I couldn't bring myself to it withouth the articulation of later series. The real tempting one was the ninja cycles but honestly, I just don't have the space. I love them but that thing is just big.

Maybe I'll go back tomorrow if I think about it long enough tonight. But did you guys ever pass up toys and what are the reasons?

2. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

I once passed up a Hasbro reissue Prime. I found it in TRU (after he became uber rare and very temptingly scalpable) but it was in the European packaging so I figured they were releasing another wave. Needless to say, I passed it up... never saw one again. :banghead: 

I have a feeling this could become a very busy thread...

3. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I've seen all the new Star Wars vintage modern stuff, and only bought the Sandpeople. I just don't care about Star Wars the way I used to. Even the good ones.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Wow man, 7$ Ninja Cycles sounds awesome.
    Paid 15 each for mine :bangs gimp arm in wall

F that, you better make some room beeyyortch! They're awesome.

Passed up alot of ML's and old Beast Wars figs that I highly regret now. And G1 Jetfire from the old days, for a bike that was stolen.
    Mainly kinda bummed over all the clearance figs I missed out on. From TF's to Gundam. And all those Star Wars multipack sets.
    Oh and #00 Convoy

5. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I've passed up quite a few of them, Passed up a Galaxy Force Soundwave at Image Anime, granted they wanted $50 for it, but he's worth much more now no?

I also passed up the Takara reissue of G1 Soundwave, that can't be found anywhere now either, at least not in decent prices. Same goes for Megatron...

Passed up a Super Skrull at TRU Time Square, only to have someone later clutching the very figure saying loudly "Oh yeah, this one is very rare!"

The lesson learned? Buy anything with the name Soundwave in it...

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I passed up on a couple of stiff in my tome too...just as the Optimus and Magnus Car Robots gift-set when it was first released, ML series 1 Ironman etc.

The latest toy I'm passing up is SOC Voltes! I don't really have a choice because like many of you guys here...I'm out of space!

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Space is an issue for me, so I've often passed on stuff. I try not to look back too much though. Can't own them all, so why worry about the ones I pass? I prefer to focus on the ones I have.

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I passed on a bunch of Battle Beasts (including one of the bases!) at a toy show about a year ago I think, and now that I finally cracked and started buying them I'm kicking myself for it. But yeah, passing on something I'm interested in is usually due to space, at least if it's an in-person thing.

9. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No biggie, but I should have bought U Ruination. Picked up U Depthcharge instead, which is fine, but Ruination mold is much harder to come by, and more expensive now :( 

10. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

I keep passing on Cyb Galvatron for some odd reason...

Honestly, why do I do that?

11. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

Same reason I do, because the retail price isn't worth it.

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Yeah, I like Galvatron but can't bring myself to pay $40 for it. After getting Metroplex, I'm passing up the rest of Cybertron. My sights are set on Titanium and Classics.

13. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

i passed on most of the takara collection reissues...most regretable the 00 prime, 06 megatron and Soundwave. I did get Starscream & soundblaster. The reason I passed is because I have vintage mib soundwave and megatron and Optimus Prime PLUS the 2002 new year convoy and the 1st D-16s Megatron Reissue. I still regret it though because the Book Reissues are worth a lot more for some reason. I also would love to be able to fiddle with Soundwave but I'm not taking him out of the box, he is open but has never been played with. I do have an old junker I play with but i would have been nice to have that shiney new reissue to play with. I also regret passing on some of the ehobby stuff...most notable the Megaplex recoloring of Megatron. I did get Twincast and the Cobolt Century Cassettes. I also wish I would have got that Damn Anime Astrotrain! Who would have thought Astrotrain would have turned out to be so popular!

14. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

My sentiments Exactly, however I will be getting the Unicron Deluxe and Primus then I am done. I just got Metroplex today so now I am down to two more Cybertron Figures!

15. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I passed on alot of RID stuff when it was on the shelf. I kinda got back into Transformers around the end of BW, beginning of BM. Nastalgia had me jonesing for realistic vehicle alt modes like early G1. I wasn't a collector at that time, so I wasn't importing reissues. I really wanted the RID stuff because it was Transformers returning to what I thought they should be. But I was in the mindset that buying toys was for kids. Adults shouldn't play with toys. It wasn't until digital toys put the first four TFC reissue on sale for under $100 that I decided to buy them. Immediately afterword, I purchased the RID car brothers at Big Lots, and started looking forward to Armada.

So yeah, I regreted passing the RID toys. But I got lucky and caught them at Big Lots when the line was over.

16. TSFC

TSFC Banned

I pass on a lot of stuff.

Repaints
    Remolds
    Alternators (which oddly enough are comprised mainly of the aforementioned heh, though I will buy ones like Prime, Skids, Prowl, etc.)