Customs: parts swap for BW TM Megatron and Ar Predacon?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by gargunkle, Jul 22, 2009.

1. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I recently got an Armada Predacon because I really like the Transmetal Megatron mold and I am worried about my original breaking (and the Japanese one costs a bit more). I got to wondering how a parts swap for the two might go (giving Megatron the burgundy parts from Predacon; I understand Megatron's brown parts are the ones that are likely to break).

Anyone know how hard this would be? In particular I haven't had much luck removing pins so far.

If anyone has done this, do you have any photos of the resulting figures?

2. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While I think this would look cool, I wouldn't worry about it breaking. Lots of pins in that sucker, you'd probably do more damage in the removal attempt.

Do you have both figures?

3. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Yes, I have both figures. The reason I am worried about TM Megatron breaking is this is apparently becoming an increasingly common phenomenon for that figure specifically. It's sort of like "gold plastic syndrome" but with brown plastic in TM Megs. Apparently the Japanese TM Megs and Armada Predacon don't have the breakage problem. Just to clarify, it's not related to the stress of the figure having been played with, but rather just from the plastic itself giving up the goat.