Customs: Parts from a Radicon "Blast Off" + Kidbash Bruticus?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by blaynescott, Nov 7, 2011.

1. blaynescott

blaynescott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi everyone,

Can someone help me identify what figures (base + additions) went into making this Blast Off Combaticon, found here?

[​IMG]
    (I'd add attach this and other images to to post, but I'm getting errors - so linking it is!)

Also, does anyone have of of these Kidbash Bruticus kits they're willing to part with? I'm gradually turning my FP Bruticus into a Rolling Thunder Prime combaticon set, and would really love to make a Bruticus similar to this to represent the Decepticon Combaticons. :) 
    [​IMG]

2. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

Looks like the Energon Windrazor/Treadshot mold and shuttle pieces from Classics Astrotrain :D 

3. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Scramble core is selling energon combiner feet and fists on his shapeways site. That might be useful to you.

4. blaynescott

Ebay:
    Ah, thanks! The other custom I found that I think inspired the Windrazor/Treadshot + Classics Astrotrain one used a KO Blastoff for the front, but the size looks wonky. Ah well... I was hoping to make one of these without destroying an Astrotrain - those figures are a bit pricey these days. :( 

5. blaynescott

Ebay:
    Thanks, I've checked those out. They look neat, but a little too banana-boat like for my tastes. The feet (and everything else, too!) from the Kidbash kit (which hopefully will do another run after Christmas) just have a nicer, more detailed aesthetic.

6. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I know. I have the FP set and I still want one of these if only because they seemed to be made with beginner customizers in mind. Seems like a good educational experience. I'm surprised nobody's done something similar with shapeways parts.

7. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hate to be a naysayer, but being generous, Kidbash went "dormant" almost two years ago now (I was the #2, this is why I left the project), Bao (YourReflection, the #1) made a few noises about 4-6 months ago, but nothign serious.

And now the site is just gone.

I wouldn't expect to see a reissue of this kit, the last I knew the Complete Brutality molds were dead.

Sorry :/

D/L

8. blaynescott

Ebay:
    I contacted kidbash via facebook, and got a reply PM here, which is where he suggested that theres potential for another run of the Bruticus upgrade. Im hoping against hope something comes of that.

9. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes... the Blastoff you see there did indeed use Windrazor/Treadshot Jet from the Superion set.

Sad to say that Kidbash seems to be a lost cause now... like destron said... he posted something months ago about coming back... but there's been no signs of it.

Really wish that site and the kits would be remade... I'd love to convert a Crossover Ironman Humvee into Roadbuster... and those Bruticus pieces would be a nice set to mod for Nexus Prime (already have FP Bruticus).

10. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    yea there was talk of a nexus prime kit, but nothing happened sadly