Parts-formers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lt. Faceless, Jul 21, 2011.

?

Do you like Part-formers

1. No

27 vote(s)
    34.2%
  2. Yes

19 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. Don't care either way.

33 vote(s)
    41.8%
  1. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

How do you feel about them? I know some people hate them and some people don't mind them.By parts former,i mean extra parts that can't attach anywhere.I love my G1 Omega Supreme,PE Reflector and Combiners,Its never bothered me to have parts laying around.I hate to think how my collection would look if i swore off parts-formers.

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I never really minded them, especially with combiners.

3. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I'm indifferent on Partsformers from G1. Anything past that is inexcusable.

4. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I fucking love parts formers because they normally allow for much better designs/aesthetics than molds that try to keep everything contained.

5. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

if it's just extra parts, fine as long as the core body actually transform.

part forming as in mugenbines, then absolutely not.

6. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I thought it'd be fun to have some toys that are COMPLETELY parts forming... Almost like the Kre-O TFs.

7. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    No, cause then I have extra parts and I either lose them or have to keep them laying around which looks odd.

As Brainchild said, it's ok on G1 but there's no excuse for current figures to be partsformers.

8. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depends. Things like add on kits who engineer extra parts like the FP Armors are acceptable to me because they're not part of the base figure. Weaponry like a gun or something that has to come off to peg into a hand is fine as well as long as there is a place to store it. Combiners that need a few things removed is acceptable as well. Anything else? Not so much.

But some like the Keros I don't like, even if it's an entirely different thing meant to take up "parts forming."

9. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    No, I hate them. Its so annoying to think I got something whole, to only find out something is missing. Like the head, because its a stupid headmaster.

I take complete figures any day over partsformers.

10. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

Depends.

I don't mind partsformers as long as all the involved parts are actually USED in all the modes. I hate having TFs that have excess parts no matter what form I display them in that just lie around and I have to put into my accessory drawer.

11. AMG

AMG Old School

I like them just as much as any other TF.

12. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I agree dude.I'd rather have some extra parts and a badass toy over a lack-luster toy that keeps all the parts on said toy.

I can understand that.Combiners are some of the worst for having extra parts.Like i said in my first post.I'd hate to see my collection if i swore off any kind of partsformer.

13. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I have Movie Brawl in bot mode in front of me, his tank cannon popped off. I really hate that it doesn't go anywhere, but I really love the shortened cannon on his arm.

I don't mind a minor part or two popping off for transformation, but parts of the core robot (like arms or heads) are a no-no.

*I actually store Brawl's cannon in fellow Decepticon Hailstorm's "cage"*

14. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't mind them.

Sometimes I wish figures that had giant amounts of kibble like Classics Megatron gave you the option to easily detach and reattach it without having pin removing tools.

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    as long as the parts are carried by something or form something on their own (base, gunship, armors, whatever) I am ok.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Eeeeyup.

17. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I like them. It doesn't even bother me if the parts are not integrated into the toy. G1 Combiners are some of my favorite TFs.

18. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

"Don't care either way."

Depends on how it's done. Adding parts of a trailer onto a core trailer for an armor set, okay by me. Swapping out an entire truck cab for a pair of legs = no bueno.

19. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Speaking of partsforming, has anyone ever transformed one of the Megahouse Mospeada bikes? Yikes.

20. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I hate part formers mainly because I can't keep track of the parts. The original Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus the only way I get around this is by sticking their robot fists in the cab, that keeps me from loosing them. Ultra Magnus trailer on the other hand has no fists now because there's no place to put them and I lost them. And this is a reissue Ultra Magnus not an original so it's not like it's been lost sense the early 90's. I just lost them after owning the toy for only a year. I'm sure they're in a box some where where I had been keeping the toy for a while but where in that box I do not know.

That being said, I don't mind parts formers when the "parts" are actually big enough to keep track of. I just hate small parts. Armada Tidal Wave or Energon Omega Supreme aren't bad because their parts are freaking huge. Except for Omega Supreme's head which I would loose if I didn't keep it attached to the body all the time. Even combined with Optimus the Headmaster fits into his right shoulder compartment.

There's several Mini-cons I would loose too if they weren't attached to larger figures. Some I have lost like I still have Sparkplug but I dropped his remold version on the floor while Transforming Powerlinx Optimus Prime one day, he rolled under my desk some where, and I never found him. I've cleaned and moved stuff around sense then in that area expecting him to turn up but he never did.

Kinda like that damn Banana that some how never turned up after "Big Bang"... inside joke, long story, don't know why I even mentioned it.

I've also lost the rear landing gear/shield/chest plate for one of my Armada Jetfire shuttle mode/robot mode/combination with Optimus Prime respectively. So now he really is just pants sense the only part of Jetfire that wasn't pants is gone.